Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK, new here but I do have eyes so it looks like they will keep the footings and clean them up for the new track supports.

The hole saw they are using on the footings to dig down 6 inches then saw into the outside of the footing and break out the concrete is cool to watch. It has a leg with a hydraulic motor on top to spin the saw that looks like a larger steel drum with teeth on the bottom.

They grind/cut down 6 inches then cut around the outside of the circular footing and break put the outer ring of concrete leaving the inner area that has the steel rebar and what is left of the old hulk track support. They then cut the ring and plate left from the support and I am guessing they will attach sleeves to the old bolts and extend it enough to bolt on the new track supports.

Nothing I saw indicated they are replacing the footings so the track layout should remain the same.

One difference with this new track is that the rails are green, they were previously unpainted and just the bare steel.
Yeah I noticed that to..I really wanted to see the inside of the track to Confirm that famous roar will return..

I'd also thought that the paint had been worn off after years of use.

Found a thread with retro 1999 pics of IOA:

Retro Photo TR: Islands of Adventure 1999 - Theme Park Review

ioa_april_1999__3_.jpg

img02.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a screw up and not intentional, considering how cleanly the side appears to be cut. They'll probably have to just lop off the entire top half of that one now if they weren't already planning to. You can see where the cage is, though.

Wasn't there talks they were going to theme the footers? Kinda like the rocky ones for the Flying Dinosaur in Japan. If so, it could be something to do with that.

I'm wondering if B&M changed how they make their supports since Hulk opened and that is causing what we are seeing. Now the support is bolted with a gap between it and the footer and then is grouted in place. Hulk's supports look like they were bolted straight to the footer. If thats the case, maybe they are doing all of this to account for the new support style. The amount they are removing looks similar in thickness to the grout line on other coasters.

Well, despite my lack of knowledge on everything to do with this project, I did learn something today. It is regarding the supports, and from my perspective, very disappointing news. I could not find a good explanation of why they are making the change... :(