Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

Does Disney World have a convention space this large? Where is it? This appears to be three massive floors and it's just a part of it all with more at RP.

Disney has a lot of convention space over multiple resorts. Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Swan & Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Club, etc. Coronado, Contemp, and Swan/Dolphin have the most space.

Where Uni will separate themselves is that the hotel accommodations are much nicer, more luxurious and more business friendly than any WDW resort.

The only one that I've noticed the convention space and it's attendees is really just Coronado Springs. That also happens to be one of my favorite resorts at WDW and I think it has some of the nicest rooms on property.

My mom had a convention at swan and dolphin once before when she still lived in Pittsburgh. I forget what the conference was for though. My other friend works for the government and they had a conference at Disney once. I don't know which space though.

Where Uni will separate themselves is that the hotel accommodations are much nicer, more luxurious and more business friendly than any WDW resort.

hmm... I never knew they had so many. Just peeked at Coronado and boy does their convention space sprawl. They appear to all be 1 story buildings in the convention complex. It's big!

hmm... I never knew they had so many. Just peeked at Coronado and boy does their convention space sprawl. They appear to all be 1 story buildings in the convention complex. It's big!
Yeah, it's long since it's all one floor. The contemporary convention space is much more like what you've pictured above and is multiple floors, close together.

The only one that I've noticed the convention space and it's attendees is really just Coronado Springs. That also happens to be one of my favorite resorts at WDW and I think it has some of the nicest rooms on property.
Coronado is decent and it's probably WDW's major convention resort. , but their rooms are only on a par with Cabana Bay, as are the other Disney moderate hotels (Caribbean, Riverside). And their rooms have outside doors, not hallway doors, for the most part. So it's more the feel of a motel than a hotel, in my opinion. Myself, I like and stay at the Disney moderates. But they are a level below what many convention goers would expect.

Coronado is decent and it's probably WDW's major convention resort. , but their rooms are only on a par with Cabana Bay, as are the other Disney moderate hotels (Caribbean, Riverside). And their rooms have outside doors, not hallway doors, for the most part. So it's more the feel of a motel than a hotel, in my opinion. Myself, I like and stay at the Disney moderates. But they are a level below what many convention goers would expect.

True, but Coronado is the nicest of all the Moderates if you ask me.

Thanks for the info everyone. I had no idea there was so much convention space there. They must all be small enough (including Uni) that they couldn't handle mega-conventions as they do at OC convention center.

The conventioners also explains why Coronado is always booked... yet I don't know anyone who actually stays there.

The conventioners also explains why Coronado is always booked... yet I don't know anyone who actually stays there.
Yep. I've only stayed there once... much different feel than the other Disney resorts. Lots of people walking around in suits. The rooms are also updated and more modern there.

I have a convention I will be working this summer at the Swan/Dolphin. I'll let you know how it compares to other convention halls I've attended.

Even Portofino has some convention space. It's not nearly as much as Royal Pacific, but it's a significant area. And they often use the bay area piazza for on site convention dinner events. I don't know if Hardrock has space or not.

Anyone know when APH discounts are available? Trying to book for HHN but it is saying it is an unavailable rate.
I saw APH discounts for early May when I was checking the site for potential bookings. It's way too early for HHN APH's. Heck, last year the onsite hotels were nearly completely booked for HHN by early summer.

I would go ahead and book, you can always change to aph rate when they come out. The standard rooms go quick for Oct. once the aph rates are out.
I usally have my room booked by now, but I am considering Sapphire this year. (about a $400 cheaper than RPR)plus free breakfast buffet for length
of stay.(2 people). You have to stay 4 nights or more though$145 per night.

Breakfast offer is over but now offering $150 dining credit excluding alcohol. Damn fine print. Lol btw when is the first date to book a room? Can't find it for the life of me

I went ahead and booked SF for HHN,7 nights at a average of $124.00 a night, Even if aph rates come out I don't think they would be lower than the special rate going now.