Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Christmas Celebrations at Universal?

So when can we talk about what has been trending on social media for days and picked up by news media?
Yeah, that was kinda my point when I posted. I wasn't trying to disrespect Briman by posting something top secret, I was posting something that's been reported by actual media. I just don't see how OU can get "in trouble" with Universal for something they you guys didn't start. If anyone is to hear from Uni, it's OI, as they are cited in every story.

I may be walking on eggshells, but it is what is.
I can't criticize you. If it was my website, and I was getting notices from Universal legal not to discuss their surveys marked "confidential", I would not be discussing them either. It's not that long ago that Bob Wadd got trespassed a couple of years just for taking photos. Better to keep relations with Universal on friendly terms....Of course I would love to discuss that holiday stuff now and I did try to discuss the OI information release/slant earlier, but I can be patient. The proper time will come. And maybe it'll be when there's no other news, so it'll give us something to talk about.

I saw something on Facebook about a Yule Ball event being rumored for WWoHP. Would this end up being a Christmas event? I forgot if it is or not in the books, but it would make sense for then.

I may be walking on eggshells, but it is what is.

For the record, as long as the site doesn't post the survey verbatim, you should be fine. Freedom of the press and all. That said, I'm sure you don't want to expend the resources on fighting Comcast in court for years to prove that point.

(Anyone who posts who actually took the survey would be in a grey area. Technically, they receive no compensation for taking the survey, so clicking on the "accept terms" isn't a binding contract. Unless Comcast would argue getting to take a survey is somehow a reward in and of itself. Again, grey area. It's Saturday, why am I even thinking about this.)

Several major national news organizations have reported on this already. Today it was even on Nerdist.com. We're at the point where were not talking about a survey anymore, we're relaying information that journalists have commented on.

I just hope they do revamp the holiday offerings this year. They are stale as hell and there's a lot of missed opportunities around the park. It's been how many years of the same thing now?

I read on Nerdist that they're considering a Yule Ball. I'd like to go to a Yule Ball but I do wonder how they'd make it work logistically.

Would have to sort of give up the parts inside of Hogwarts unless guests are willing to accept it in a soundstage.

I just hope they do revamp the holiday offerings this year. They are stale as hell and there's a lot of missed opportunities around the park. It's been how many years of the same thing now?

They fall into a rut of what's easy. Jack's and Grinch's are usually the same people.

With Osborne Lights now gone at Disney, there is so much potential for Universal to make a full assault on stealing that crowd away in December. I really hope they go full tilt for it, whatever they decide to run with.

I agree with this. This is the time to strike, because I know Disney will eventually add stuff back in but probably not this year. While Disney probably gets the most praise for Christmas, Sea world I feel should be the standard when it comes to offerings. Poor park gets too much bad PR, but seriously has the best free Christmas offerings.

Universal needs to replace some tired offerings and really add 3 free items, make their decorations around the park 10x better before adding a ticketed event in my opinion. I honestly couldn't drag my family back to Universal at Christmas time based on what they have now. Even my kids weren't that excited about stuff lol

I read on Nerdist that they're considering a Yule Ball. I'd like to go to a Yule Ball but I do wonder how they'd make it work logistically.

Would have to sort of give up the parts inside of Hogwarts unless guests are willing to accept it in a soundstage.

Could they fit a big temporary tent out back behind Hogwarts somewhere? Those tents can be made to look very nice on the inside; climate controlled and the whole nine yards. I'm sure they could use a themed covered walkway and convincingly sell it all as still inside the castle.