Least Favorite HHN Houses | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Least Favorite HHN Houses

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They haven't been terrible (Although last year's house could certainly make a few lists).

Problem is fatigue.

The problem with TWD houses isn't that they're outright terrible, it's that they're just kind of there. None of them have really brought anything worthwhile to the table.

For my tastes, I was expecting a different direction than a reliving of the plot of how she became Bloody Mary. Also, the Mary actresses wasn't Mary. Just looked like a pretty girl in light make-up.

House was kinda confusing too. Remember, this was an Icon that got a huuuuuuuuuge backstory so fans already went in knowing a good amount of the story, so to leave the house confused was kinda weird.

Just a lot of ideas that weren't executed correctly or fleshed out.
Ahh ok I can see how it would be disappointing now. Thanks for the insight I was always wondering why this house was as hated as it was given that BM is a fan favorite. Really strange they went the direction they did for it. Must've been the budget house

Oh this thread is the perfect excuse to ask this question. When talking about stinker houses a ton of people bring up dungeon of terror retold. This was before my time but everytime I see something for it, it looks awesome. Cool concept and finally the storyteller got something to do. What was so wrong with it? Have been curious about it for a while

Oh this thread is the perfect excuse to ask this question. When talking about stinker houses a ton of people bring up dungeon of terror retold. This was before my time but everytime I see something for it, it looks awesome. Cool concept and finally the storyteller got something to do. What was so wrong with it? Have been curious about it for a while
Completely forgettable is what I vaguely even remember. I liked the theme and remember it being a cool use of the jaws queue.

I don't think of The Storyteller when I think of this house, though. I definitely think more of her in Where Evil Hides.

As @Fatality said, completely forgettable. Idea was solid on paper, just not executed to it's full potential.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Cole
Was she even in the house? That sounds like a huge shame, the house of a 1000 corpses look to it just sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you both for the responses, finally have an idea of what it was like instead of "it sucked"

I don't remember the name of my least favorite house, but it was in the building with the Ghiradelli facade and the red awnings.

I waited in line for it FOREVER. Later, as I was peeing, as one does when one does Horror Nights and partakes of the employee beer discount, the most horrifying scare actor saddled up to me and asked "Hey man, wanna share a urinal? It's so crowded and we're all friends here!"

It was horrible. I know UC keeps trying to find new ways to keep things fresh, but that sort of psychological terror is just not acceptable in a theme park.

Sounds like something from the 90's lol. Oh yeah and hallow'd past was another lane house for me. Basically 2008 the house with some really dull moments. Really made it better in 25

As @Fatality said, completely forgettable. Idea was solid on paper, just not executed to it's full potential.

I think this is true of a lot of "bad" houses. Most you just sort of forget in a year or two. It has to be something actively horrible, like a Cold Blind Terror, and/or over-hyped, like P&T or Bloody Mary, to be worst of all time.

I've been going since HHN 22. The most recent houses that were trashy were the last few Walking Dead houses and then The Purge. I had a particularly bad run last year, one of our group members wandered off, and it was pretty busy. But I had really fun times with Resident Evil and Silent Hill, which seem to be the ones people hate the most.

I've been going since HHN 22. The most recent houses that were trashy were the last few Walking Dead houses and then The Purge. I had a particularly bad run last year, one of our group members wandered off, and it was pretty busy. But I had really fun times with Resident Evil and Silent Hill, which seem to be the ones people hate the most.
For me they were just massive loss of potential. Silent Hill was too bright, not for boding enough. I'm more pissed about the lack of nurses.

Reactions: s8film40 and Cole
For me they were just massive loss of potential. Silent Hill was too bright, not for boding enough. I'm more pissed about the lack of nurses.
This one almost made my list as well. As you said there were hardly any nurses and also every time I walked past the pyramid head guy they had him up on this pedestal and when you looked up him you could very clearly see the scareactors head inside.

Not to mention pyramid head witch could've been easily missed as he only appeared once in a room cluttered with things. Pretty much all houses in 22 besides gothic and dead end has crazy design flaws that broke the house for me. Penn and teller had many moments when the 3D didn't work or wasn't nessicary (bedroom, backstage), Alice cooper had a really hard story to follow if you weren't a fan of his, walking dead had bad make up and gave a boring experience, house of horrors was way too dark in areas and offered little variety in terms of locations. Man I'm so happy we've improved so much since, seriously the worst year of all time

This one almost made my list as well. As you said there were hardly any nurses and also every time I walked past the pyramid head guy they had him up on this pedestal and when you looked up him you could very clearly see the scareactors head inside.
I always got lucky and got great scares from The Pyramid Heads' on Stilts. Lucky I never saw their faces.

I wanted to like the house - a lot. A lot a lot.

I've heard that pretty much every year despite good intentions and halfway decent plans a couple of houses end up being thrown together very haphazardly at the last minute. Like the 3rd party companies that "help" make the houses end up having to make it up as they go along in the final hours.

Reactions: Cole
That makes a lot of sense, I feel like a ton of houses recently seem to have completely different and cheap theming towards the end of it. More specifically, giggles, asylum and the third walking dead house. It really isn't that big of a deal in the long run but sometimes it's drastic

And yet Giggles and Gore is my favorite house. It's a good thing entertainment quality is subjective. ;)

That makes a lot of sense, I feel like a ton of houses recently seem to have completely different and cheap theming towards the end of it. More specifically, giggles, asylum and the third walking dead house. It really isn't that big of a deal in the long run but sometimes it's drastic

I think you're being a little too hard on it. Sure, don't like Giggles if you wish, but I don't think anyone felt the sets were cheap. Asylum was a 3D house, it's always going to have a "cheap" look. Cheap does not equal bad however. In Between is high on a lot of fan's top 10 lists and it's a 3D house. House of Horrors in 22 was done with minimal effort and a lot of people enjoyed it. The visual medium for a house does not always necessitate "big budget" sets, nor does it mean it can't be a successful house because of it.

To epcyclopedia's point, most of the time, it's because things change close to the last minute. Whether it be the IP holder wants changes or didn't approve something (Scream, AWiL in 22) or Universal steps in (HoH in 22).

EDIT: Reading Cole's statement again. I saw he meant end of houses, not entirety of houses. Damn morning mindset strikes again.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne and Cole
I think you're being a little too hard on it. Sure, don't like Giggles if you wish, but I don't think anyone felt the sets were cheap. Asylum was a 3D house, it's always going to have a "cheap" look.

To epcyclopedia's point, most of the time, it's because things change close to the last minute. Whether it be the IP holder wants changes or didn't approve something (Scream, AWiL in 22) or Universal steps in (HoH in 22).
I really liked Giggles, but it did seem like the last part of that was just very basic random halls. I was fine with it as the first part was good, but I definitely got the impression they ran out of time or something and just added some extra walking at the end.