E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You have to be joking. I admit many of the classic Disney attractions get a pass due to their age but the final ET figure blows anything in Small World, Peter Pan or Ellen's Energy adventure away. I'm not saying they're spectacular figures but they are way beyond those. Not to mention each ride vehicle has a moving figure (although very simplistic), which is a pretty novel feature not found on many other attractions.
True, the final E.T. figure is better than many AAs as well as the Botanicus one but all the others have really jerky movement that is very unnatural. Heck, Pirates was built before E.T. and yet the vast majority of the figures there are lifelike (although slow to make it that way).

Reactions: Ryan
What exactly changed at Nintendo for this to become a rumor in the first place? Did they decide to add another ride to the plan? Just wondering why it would be so important to have that building now....when it wasn't in the original plans.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
What exactly changed at Nintendo for this to become a rumor in the first place? Did they decide to add another ride to the plan? Just wondering why it would be so important to have that building now....when it wasn't in the original plans.
I'm actually beginning to wonder if the whole Nintendo thing could end up going in the new park. The initial rumors I seem to recall stated that KidZone would close sometime last year. I kind of wonder if things were put on hold to see if the land deal went through and then perhaps re-evaluate whether to go ahead with Nintendo land in USF or the 3rd park. This just really would seem to make a lot of sense to me and perhaps explain the delays in this project.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if the whole Nintendo thing could end up going in the new park. The initial rumors I seem to recall stated that KidZone would close sometime last year. I kind of wonder if things were put on hold to see if the land deal went through and then perhaps re-evaluate whether to go ahead with Nintendo land in USF or the 3rd park. This just really would seem to make a lot of sense to me and perhaps explain the delays in this project.
post-30381-Is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-both-zyJv.gif

Reactions: Mad Dog
Nintendo is going into kid zone, they haven't closed yet because they already closed down twister,disaster, and are working on Kong.

If Universal is intent on doing this prior to the third park, I'd still rather them use the expansion area between MIB & Simpsons & back, instead of going in and gutting Kidzone & ET since they're taking so long (2020 or later) to do this. Kidzone & ET would be losing a lot of Studio's kid & family capacity for a long time. And to hide such a good IP in a hidden corner of the park you hardly notice from everywhere else would be a shame. Peach's Castle & the rest of Nintendo Land would really stand out & be a nice icon looming over the park from that MIB/Simpsons open area. And then they could always do some other Nintendo stuff in the third park if demand warrants it. Kid Zone could serve as a partial or full expansion pad further down the line,. That 2020 date or later time is the kicker. It's too far out.

If Universal is intent on doing this prior to the third park, I'd still rather them use the expansion area between MIB & Simpsons & back, instead of going in and gutting Kidzone & ET since they're taking so long (2020 or later) to do this. Kidzone & ET would be losing a lot of Studio's kid & family capacity for a long time. And to hide such a good IP in a hidden corner of the park you hardly notice from everywhere else would be a shame. Peach's Castle & the rest of Nintendo Land would really stand out & be a nice icon looming over the park from that MIB/Simpsons open area. And then they could always do some other Nintendo stuff in the third park if demand warrants it. Kid Zone could serve as a partial or full expansion pad further down the line,. That 2020 date or later time is the kicker. It's too far out.
Being hidden doesn't hurt Diagon Alley. It's one of its best qualities.

We're also judging this area as currently being a hidden away part of the park, because the entrance of it at this time is basically just the ass-end of an Animal Actors theatre. This place should (and likely will) have a mightily impressive entrance acting as an enticing lead in towards the visible treats beyond it.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Being hidden doesn't hurt Diagon Alley. It's one of its best qualities.
No doubt on Diagon. And I love that aspect of it. But London does have a high profile. And that's kind of the way that Nintendo could occupy that space. A predominant Castle with the rest of the land tucked away like Diagon. I'd rather see a Peach's Castle that stands out though, Disneyland style & size, than tucked away in that section of the park where Kidzone is.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
No doubt on Diagon. And I love that aspect of it. But London does have a high profile. And that's kind of the way that Nintendo could occupy that space. A predominant Castle with the rest of the land tucked away like Diagon. I'd rather see a Peach's Castle that stands out though, Disneyland style & size, than tucked away in that section of the park where Kidzone is.

Who says the castle would be tucked away?

Decided to post this..if anyone doesn't mind..I've thought more on what they could be pulling on size..and re-evaluating; its even larger than what I said before..

uHZnmbo.jpg

Would you rather have seven-eight acres, or possibly ten acres of land for Nintendo. I'd pick ten, and UC would probably agree with that idea.

Reactions: Mike S
And if Nintendo was being designed, even before a third park even came into possibility..
Things change and plans change. If we're to believe the rumors and I think they are mostly grounded in what is being planned at the time, Kong was supposed to go into Disaster/Beetlejuice. I don't know what's actually going to happen, but I don't think we need to necessarily be taking it as fact that Nintendo is going into Kidzone, and additionally that they won't use the space by MIB and even further that they would also need the space from ET. This is speculation on top of rumors on top of more rumors. For me taking a look at it from a common sense approach I see the following. Nintendo will be a big draw could certainly help anchor a new park. Closing a popular attraction isn't the ideal situation especially when there are other options present.

ET the ride is safe for now. The biggest issue that could change that is when the time comes to completely overhaul it. The ride is old. The parts are obsolete. The RCS is ancient. The hardware is worn.

It could be that it gets to the stage where it isn't possible to "overhaul" it. Then the decision needs to be made to start from scratch again with the same experience but updated to today or to just move on.

I am very pleased that E.T.'s got some time left. I'm sure Nintendo is going to be just fine without utilizing that space.

Anything more than 5 years seems incredibly executive for building a new park.

Build, sure.

Conceptualize, design, prepare the land, create infrastructure, and building a resort around the park? Another story.

Point is, I doubt the powers that be want to wait 5+ years to take advantage of what will essentially be their second or third most popular brand in the parks.

I am very pleased that E.T.'s got some time left.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Things change and plans change. If we're to believe the rumors and I think they are mostly grounded in what is being planned at the time, Kong was supposed to go into Disaster/Beetlejuice. I don't know what's actually going to happen, but I don't think we need to necessarily be taking it as fact that Nintendo is going into Kidzone, and additionally that they won't use the space by MIB and even further that they would also need the space from ET. This is speculation on top of rumors on top of more rumors. For me taking a look at it from a common sense approach I see the following. Nintendo will be a big draw could certainly help anchor a new park. Closing a popular attraction isn't the ideal situation especially when there are other options present.
Who says Nintendo wouldn't be in the third park also? I doubt Nintendo would be willing to wait another 5 years for the new park to start building and there are plenty of things to draw people to that third park.

I honestly don't think ET is as popular as people here seem to think.