Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mario and Donkey Kong in USF as has been talked about here, Zelda in the third park, and Pokemon either also in the third park or IoA. That's what I would do.

Speaking of Pokemon an attraction idea has been in my head for a while that would get me very excited even though I don't play it anymore. Imagine an attraction that takes mushion projection and guest participation to a whole new level. An attraction that would bring in fans from all over the world to hopefully take part in it. Two simple words: Pokemon Stadium.

Things change and plans change. If we're to believe the rumors and I think they are mostly grounded in what is being planned at the time, Kong was supposed to go into Disaster/Beetlejuice. I don't know what's actually going to happen, but I don't think we need to necessarily be taking it as fact that Nintendo is going into Kidzone, and additionally that they won't use the space by MIB and even further that they would also need the space from ET. This is speculation on top of rumors on top of more rumors. For me taking a look at it from a common sense approach I see the following. Nintendo will be a big draw could certainly help anchor a new park. Closing a popular attraction isn't the ideal situation especially when there are other options present.
I agree with you...One of the main reasons I'm dubious about the entire Kid Zone deconstruction is that we've been hearing the same thing from people in the know since summer of 2014, even before the Nintendo agreement. First, it was being said they were going to start tearing down Kidzone before HHN in 2014. Then, that got changed until after HHN in 2014. Then it was after HHN in 2015. Now we're in 2016 second quarter, and the original "Nintendo will be ready in 2018" is now Nintendo will be 2020 or later. And no one knows, with any certainty, if or when Kid Zone will be torn down. Not a stone in Kidzone has been overturned yet. Kind of reminds me of the scene with Ron Carey in Mel Brook's movie High anxiety, "I got it, I got it, I got it. I don't have it. I got it, I got it, I got it. I don't have it." This Kid Zone thing and the Nintendo thing seem so fluid that everything might change, or nothing might change. It's almost like all of those Disney scenarios that we hear about, that are so far in the future, the plans change a myriad of times. Not to degrade what's going to happen, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I take it you've never been on It's a Small World.
bmGC9lH.gif

Small World is simplistic/minimalistic and that's always been its aim. That is such a frivolous comparison. E.T. is supposed to be grandiose. Yet there are some AAs that look woefully out of shape.

Case in point: if E.T was at Disney y'all would still be griping about it. Give me a break, it's a poorly maintained attraction.

Decided to post this..if anyone doesn't mind..I've thought more on what they could be pulling on size..and re-evaluating; its even larger than what I said before..

uHZnmbo.jpg

Would you rather have seven-eight acres, or possibly ten acres of land for Nintendo. I'd pick ten, and UC would probably agree with that idea.

Yes, ten would be better, but it would be much easier to expand three acres in the other direction into relatively empty land.

I just looked up Barney to try and fathom how that attraction is still there. Apparently, new episodes were being produced and aired as far back as 2010, which isn't as bad as I thought. But I don't see any reruns currently on the TV listings?

I just looked up Barney to try and fathom how that attraction is still there. Apparently, new episodes were being produced and aired as far back as 2010, which isn't as bad as I thought. But I don't see any reruns currently on the TV listings?

There's supposed to be a reboot coming.

Universal has no problem getting rid of huge, crazy, signature attractions to upgrade the park / their brand.

If I was an exec Kidzone is a huge blemish and it'd be on my chopping block first. If ET was needed for space I would easily let it go.

Spielberg won't care. He still gets his cut from the gate.

I'd like Universal to keep a balance between "organic" (Harry Potter, Jurassic, King Kong, ET, Mummy, Transformers) and cartoonish (Seuss, TL, DM, Shrek, Simpsons, and I'm assuming Nintendo).

Universal has no problem getting rid of huge, crazy, signature attractions to upgrade the park / their brand.

If I was an exec Kidzone is a huge blemish and it'd be on my chopping block first. If ET was needed for space I would easily let it go.

Spielberg won't care. He still gets his cut from the gate.

I think Spielberg will care but if it's for the common good, he won't complain.

I think the world of parks and movies have moved on from the 80s were IPs had to be exclusively for kids or adults, not both. Since movies like Toy Story started coming out that appealed to both, I think having a kidzone seems quite dated when you can have an area that will be loved by both.

My daughter has no clue what Barney is and no one in her classes has ever talked about it. I don't even think it is on TV or I have never seen it to be honest with you. I am shocked they haven't changed that show, it is pretty much a dead IP.

My daughter has no clue what Barney is and no one in her classes has ever talked about it. I don't even think it is on TV or I have never seen it to be honest with you. I am shocked they haven't changed that show, it is pretty much a dead IP.
The whole area is at this point. IMO, so is ET. Kid zone needs to be replaced ASAP and thankfully Nintendo is doing it. If ET gone along with it, I have no issue.

The whole area is at this point. IMO, so is ET. Kid zone needs to be replaced ASAP and thankfully Nintendo is doing it. If ET gone along with it, I have no issue.

See ET I see as something different. Most parents hate Barney and don't want their kids anywhere close to that purple thing. So they avoid that ride. Where ET has a special place in their heart (it was the first movie I saw in a theater) and therefore want to go on that ride.

See ET I see as something different. Most parents hate Barney and don't want their kids anywhere close to that purple thing. So they avoid that ride. Where ET has a special place in their heart (it was the first movie I saw in a theater) and therefore want to go on that ride.
Which I fully understand. I am 28 and have had an annual pass since 2005 and my family used to come down from Michigan every year before 2005 also, but I can honestly count the amount of times I've ridden ET on two hands. It's just not good enough of a ride IMO to stay for nostalgia reasons.

Yes, and it's a real ride, not a simulator or 3D film. It's one of the few stand alone family dark rides on property. The only others are MIB and Cat In The Hat. We need more, not less. The IP definitely has a different place with people. If they got rid of it it should be a better replacement and an attraction the entire family can ride.

Which I fully understand. I am 28 and have had an annual pass since 2005 and my family used to come down from Michigan every year before 2005 also, but I can honestly count the amount of times I've ridden ET on two hands. It's just not good enough of a ride IMO to stay for nostalgia reasons.
PF and FF should get the boot for not being great attractions before ET.

IMO, it is good enough, but that's just differing opinions.

Yes, and it's a real ride, not a simulator or 3D film. It's one of the few stand alone family dark rides on property. The only others are MIB and Cat In The Hat. We need more, not less. The IP definitely has a different place with people. If they got rid of it it should be a better replacement and an attraction the entire family can ride.
That's where I am ok with replacing it. Nintendo is going to be a family area, so they will replace it with a better ride designed for families.