Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
the problem is does anyone actually think nintendo will be anything but coasters or screens. i dont see them ever building an animatronic mario or bowser

the problem is does anyone actually think nintendo will be anything but coasters or screens. i dont see them ever building an animatronic mario or bowser

Shadowing what @Imperius has said; Nintendo seems to be the most practical addition that UC will be adding to its florida resort in years. And with that; this will probably be the largest project that UC has done since 2012 for the family market.

Most certainly, the chances of a coaster popping up for this spot are pretty valid; considering if Nuthouse is being put to the ground. And that's not even counting MK and other attractions that'd be placed for Nintendo, so we need to keep that in mind aswell.

I mean I get closing ET hurts the "family ride" amount but it's not like people are planing trips to go ride ET. Most people wouldn't even know it's gone, while Nintendo will sell tickets.

As I've said before; Closing ET would be in essecance, a short-term issue that could affect the waits to bounce more up in USF because of it. But when 3/4 of that land that's next to ET is closing, wouldn't you also say that closing Kidzone would affect USF negatively?

But in the long-term, it seems that Nintendo will be the most practical addition to USF, and if it has two world class E-Ticket level family rides; and Two-Three D-C ticket family rides; it makes the capacity of that area alone possibly skyrocket from what it is now.

I mean I get closing ET hurts the "family ride" amount but it's not like people are planing trips to go ride ET. Most people wouldn't even know it's gone, while Nintendo will sell tickets.
I don't disagree that Nintendo is a better option than ET, but removing ET in the way that's being discussed here would be a completely unprecedented move on Universal's part and is contrary to what the insiders here are telling us anyway. While other attractions have had to make way for newer ones, that's really not what we're talking about here. The ET building takes up a fraction of the space supposedly allocated for Nintendo, and further there is vacant land on the other side if they really need more space.

Keeping ET open will not prevent Nintendo from being built. There are a number of other options if they want more land than the 8 acres available with KidZone minus ET. In the best of all worlds they can keep ET open and construct a Nintendo Land as large as their little creative hearts desire. They just need to be a bit "creative" about it. :)

Keeping ET open will not prevent Nintendo from being built. There are a number of other options if they want more land than the 8 acres available with KidZone minus ET. In the best of all worlds they can keep ET open and construct a Nintendo Land as large as their little creative hearts desire. They just need to be a bit "creative" about it. :)
Of course, I am just on the side where of UC feels they need the space and will use it for something better, close it down.

34378833.jpg

Keeping ET open will be such a waste of potential space and what not. ET needs to go away with the rest of Kidzone. Why keep it in the condition it is in? The entire building needs a re-think.

It would absolutely hurt the variety of attractions in Uni. No one will be going to uni just for the Fallon ride, doesn't mean they won't enjoy it.

And what ride is supposed to take its place?

I am very looking forward to Nintendo. But I also want ET to stay.

Honestly, even with all the additions in Universal Studios, I'd take the 2000 version of the park over the 2016 version of the park.

Nostalgia is a heck of a thing. Give me Jaws, Men In Black, Back to the Future, Terminator 2, Kongfrontation, ET, and Nickelodeon over Gringotts, Simpsons, Shrek, Transformers, Rockit, and Mummy anyday. (And this coming from msoneone who LOVES Transformers and Mummy)

I just feel like the park had a more cohesive movie magic feel to it. Now it's a jumbled mess.

I just feel like the park had a more cohesive movie magic feel to it. Now it's a jumbled mess.

Is it, though?

Going by 2000's park - A Twister in NY, World Expo was just a collection on whatever didn't "fit" anywhere else, KidZone was just random kiddie properties with no cohesive theme; in addition to studio-like attractions sprinkled in between.

Now you're about to have a more appropriate version of NY with Fallon (the facade will be >>), Diagon/London, a Simpsons Land, and a future Nintendo land.

Also, I think this needs to be repeated. Me, last week:

Problem with ET, outside of need of refurb, is placement. It can transition to have an entry into Hollywood/Central Park but it takes a big chunk of where Nintendo is gonna go. Universal's problem is already lack of empty space, so do they take over ET for the bigger IP or utilize the little bare land they have left on the MIB plot and restrict themselves from future park expansion?

Another question is whether the cost of a major refurb to ET outweighs the cost of adding Nintendo IP ride?

We need more, not less.

You're getting more.

This is ludicrous. You're saying replacing KidZone, which is the jumbled mess to end all jumbled messes, with a cohesive, highly themed Nintendo area makes the park less cohesive?

Okay. Sure. Whatever.

You're getting more.

This is ludicrous. You're saying replacing KidZone, which is the jumbled mess to end all jumbled messes, with a cohesive, highly themed Nintendo area makes the park less cohesive?

Okay. Sure. Whatever.

You could use the argument that Nintendo isn't fitting to the movie theme of the park but then again, neither is the majority of KidZone but at least Nintendo would be 1 IP instead of several and no doubt a better experience overall for everybody.

I don't disagree that Nintendo is a better option than ET, but removing ET in the way that's being discussed here would be a completely unprecedented move on Universal's part and is contrary to what the insiders here are telling us anyway. While other attractions have had to make way for newer ones, that's really not what we're talking about here. The ET building takes up a fraction of the space supposedly allocated for Nintendo, and further there is vacant land on the other side if they really need more space.

Unprecedented? Going against insiders? LOLWUT

You could use the argument that Nintendo isn't fitting to the movie theme of the park but then again, neither is the majority of KidZone but at least Nintendo would be 1 IP instead of several and no doubt a better experience overall for everybody.

The theme was always muddled from day 1, IMO. Were we on sets for filming movies? Sets that were once used to film movies but now real shark attacks are happening? Just in the movies altogether?