Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nighttime Kilimanjaro Safari

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Also announced yesterday at D23:

Kilimanjaro Safaris – This popular attraction will be extended for a new nighttime adventure next spring, where guests will travel through the African savanna amid the magically extended orange glow of the setting sun and discover two species new to the attraction: African wild dogs and hyenas.

I think one of the greatest aspects of all of this and something that very few are really talking about is Disney finally taking advantage of Animal Kingdoms INCREDIBLE night atmosphere. After all of the expansion is complete in 2017 AK will easily be the best night park in existence.

I've always loved California Adventure at night, too. Cars Land, Paradise Pier, and Grizzly Peak in particular. I've never been to DisneySea, but I really want to. And Animal Kingdom will look good at night, I'm excited for that.

they started building a new area on the safari ride next to the savanna are which might hold one of the night creatures

they started building a new area on the safari ride next to the savanna are which might hold one of the night creatures

Aren't the current animals a good representation of African night creatures. Lions, Elephants, Jaguars... Are they going to toss in a pack of free roaming hyenas? That ought to be real special... :blank:

The nighttime entertainment in Africa looks top notch as well.

Yes, I am excited for all of this. Wish it wasn't starting over such a busy weekend. I might try to catch it the next weekend before summer out of school vacations start. I am excited for all of this.

Pretty cool they are doing this but doubt it will be as cool as the sunrise safari at AKL. I do have to wonder if they have trained the animals to adjust to these changes where they will be out of their pens for a longer amount of time.

Pretty cool they are doing this but doubt it will be as cool as the sunrise safari at AKL. I do have to wonder if they have trained the animals to adjust to these changes where they will be out of their pens for a longer amount of time.

They have special night animals. Also, it seems the animals have been out later. I saw the most animals in a long time in the late afternoon which normally has the least. My Sister-in-Law said they same thing to me yesterday. She was shocked at the number of animals she saw in the late afternoon. I already saw the wild dogs which apparently are more night time animals. So I think they have already brought the new animals in and gotten the animals used to the new hours. Remember this was going to open up this weekend.