Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On the universal orlando team member website there is a "your park after dark" event scheduled for tomorrow night at IOA. Generally these events have a ride attatched to them, but this one just says it's for IOA. Even the one scheduled for May 19th say's it is for Popeye. Does anyone know if or think this could be a mini preview for Kong?

Edit: Included link. UOTeam: appreciation

What's interesting is that they state that Popeye is open for the event next month, but they are coy about what is open tomorrow night.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
On the universal orlando team member website there is a "your park after dark" event scheduled for tomorrow night at IOA. Generally these events have a ride attatched to them, but this one just says it's for IOA. Even the one scheduled for May 19th say's it is for Popeye. Does anyone know if or think this could be a mini preview for Kong?

It was supposed to be in Hogsmeade, but they switched it around. I don't think it'll be a Kong TM preview, but we shall see.

Welcome to the OU Forums. :thumbsup:

so I read the spoilers...some stuff I hadn't heard, but not anything too shocking if you've been following along with the rumors.

sounds like a great attraction.

Reactions: Mike S
So I leave today for a work trip to LA, might swing by Universal Hollywood.

I'll have to ride Kong360 to try and calm my excitement that won't be cured till November.....

Why couldn't the work trip of been to Orlando =(

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Well I think it's time to post this.

As guests look to OU for more information regarding Reign of Kong they wonder if it'll be open during their visits. It is likely that from May till Grand Opening Reign of Kong will be in Soft Opening.

Soft Opening is like a final release candidate test for the ride. All the major components are installed and operational. Some tweaks, changes, and updates will occur prior to grand opening.

Also Soft Opening is not a guarantee the ride will be opening. Kong might only open for a period of time, all day, or not at all depending on any issues or changes. There is no set schedule or guarantee it will be open.

To know if Kong is soft opening for the day please follow @orlando_united on Twitter (also good is @parkscope and @touringplans).

Good luck and let the odds be in your favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
reaganx.jpg

"Mr. Woodbury, tear down this wall!"

Well I think it's time to post this.

As guests look to OU for more information regarding Kong they wonder if it'll be open during their visits. From May till June Kong will be in Soft Opening.

Soft Opening is like a final release candidate test for the ride. All the major components are installed and operational. Some tweaks, changes, and updates will occur prior to grand opening.

Also Soft Opening is not a guarantee the ride will be opening. Kong might only open for a period of time, all day, or not at all depending on any issues or changes.

To know if Kong is soft opening for the day please follow @orlando_united on Twitter (also good is @parkscope and @touringplans).

Good luck and let the odds be in your favor.
So next week should have softs then? I'll probably be going Tuesday and hope for the best. If note, well I go almost every week any way lol.

Last edited: