Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sheikra being evacuated from lift hill

Just seen this on Facebook.

Seems like a bit of a non story, coasters break down all the time and protocol is being followed.

They should a few banners out and promote Cobra's Curse.

Watching it on the news. Cool little tram to evac them down the hill.

One is waving hi to the copter. I wish it was me!

Watching it on the news. Cool little tram to evac them down the hill.

One is waving hi to the copter. I wish it was me!

I always found that quite interesting that they use the team instead of stairs. When these were first introduced, I thought if an evac happened, one side would be left completely open. Scared me a little truth be told.

Former Sheikra employee here. As usual the news outlets are really sensationalizing this whole thing, it's kinda funny honestly. Nothing about this story is outside of SOP, though it sucks that it happened at the top off the lift. That's a long climb for the team members that aren't using the tram.

The only lift hill you can get stuck on that's truly newsworthy is Rip Ride Rockit.

I often wonder, why does it take so long to evacuate? I realize they call in the fire brigade to do this, but why do they let this go on for two hours? (Somehow whenever things like this happen it is always two hours.) I assume that first an engineer is called to come and check things out, but still, I think the call to evacuate should be made faster.

I often wonder, why does it take so long to evacuate? I realize they call in the fire brigade to do this, but why do they let this go on for two hours? (Somehow whenever things like this happen it is always two hours.) I assume that first an engineer is called to come and check things out, but still, I think the call to evacuate should be made faster.
I would imagine the evacuation process is a last resort for the parks...I mean, I wouldn't want my park guests unlached and walking freely down a flight of coaster stairs..I really have no incite into how it works, just my personal thought on it

I would imagine the evacuation process is a last resort for the parks...I mean, I wouldn't want my park guests unlached and walking freely down a flight of coaster stairs..I really have no incite into how it works, just my personal thought on it
I once was stuck on Manta for almost 40 minutes, train had arrived back in the station, but would not lower in the unload position; they actually were just starting to manually release people (front to back, of course we were last row lol) and then they suddenly got it working again.

I once was stuck on Manta for almost 40 minutes, train had arrived back in the station, but would not lower in the unload position; they actually were just starting to manually release people (front to back, of course we were last row lol) and then they suddenly got it working again.

You were hanging for 40 minutes? This is literally my nightmare.

You were hanging for 40 minutes? This is literally my nightmare.
Yes, on the upper body it was not that hard, but it is awkward on the legs. And since it was in the station, everybody is just there staring at you lol.

If I'm not mistaken Manta stalled on the lift once.

Based on my experience this is exactly it. It's a bigger liability issue to evac guests from a level catwalk, let a lone a life hill. Evac decisions are almost always made by management, and only after exhausting attempts to restart the ride. Also, they would only call in fire rescue if the trains are stalled in such a way that the entire train cannot be evacuated via standard procedure. It kinda makes sense to me. Having guests be annoyed and uncomfortable for a long period of time isn't good, but its certainly better than putting people at higher risk of injury.

Yes, on the upper body it was not that hard, but it is awkward on the legs. And since it was in the station, everybody is just there staring at you lol.

If I'm not mistaken Manta stalled on the lift once.
I was there when this happened. I was about to ride it...but this deterred me. I would be going crazy if I was stuck up there.