Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 346 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That kind of testing was already done through research before being on site I would be almost sure of it. These things are typically carrying around tons of weight all day in the elements of a shipyard. This is almost light work if you take out the I am presuming hydrolic platforms similar in theory to the Hollywood 360 ones.
Its not about physically having the vehicles handle the weight but the battery capacity dealing with a full load of riders. There will be more power draw due to increased torques required by the motors. Ship yard vehicles are all diesel I believe.

Ugh.. three tone splash stonework is back.

It's not the worst, but it's not great. Most people never notice it's how the cobblestone in Hogsmeade is done because you need to see large patches of the ground without people on top of it to notice.

Stones are individual and so any marbling or coloring aside from weathering shouldn't carry on from one stone to an adjacent stone in manmade structures.

But if you're a scenic painter in a hurry you paint it all a base color then come in with a highlight, shadow, and a contrast (the terracotta) and "splash" away.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Scott W.
Ugh.. three tone splash stonework is back.

Hm. I see them as rust stains due to any iron in the stone. Rust tends to stain downward across multiple stonework. Oh well!

well they are trying to rush to open it cause people are getting antsy

I don't believe Nassal was forced to rush anything. They have not been the problem at all.

Hm. I see them as rust stains due to any iron in the stone. Rust tends to stain downward across multiple stonework. Oh well!

If there's a metal rod of some sort, yes, but even then it is very directional and path-of-least-resistance. As for iron oxidizing within the strata, it looks like stripes across the individual stone.

Reactions: Ryno27
Screenshot from the latest video.

fxRWZqz.jpg
HYPE!!!!!! :clap:

So, manual mode on a major attraction like this. What does manual mean? I was REALLY surprised to find out there was one or two people standing on the lighting catwalks for the testing of this ride. I am not even sure if this has ceased. They were up there watching the vehicles traverse the track and if anything went wrong, they had KILL switches in there hands. Apparently, video ain't fast enough. It has since occurred to me that this also took place on Gringotts etc.

Isn't this new and fascinating? I for one never knew this.

Yes.. the safety systems (intrusion mats, beams, etc..) can be disabled and vehicles can be moved around manually.

It's actually how/when most damage to ride systems occurs. Normally the failsafes of the operation prevent vehicles and show objects from getting anywhere near each other. Vehicles hitting each other and show doors closing on vehicles and such tend to happen in the manual mode.

Each ride system is a little different, so just how much can be moved or how it is moved varies, but people walking around inside of the ride (but outside the ride envelope) is pretty common too.

Each ride system is a little different, so just how much can be moved or how it is moved varies, but people walking around inside of the ride (but outside the ride envelope) is pretty common too.

Problem was early in testing, the vehicle had no sensors and made little noise. When they were still testing only inside the building, a few people almost got run over and had to jet out of it's way. Seems impossible I know, but there were no video monitors back then... nothing had been installed.

Problem was early in testing, the vehicle had no sensors and made little noise. When they were still testing only inside the building, a few people almost got run over and had to jet out of it's way. Seems impossible I know, but there were no video monitors back then... nothing had been installed.

Well that just seems like a general lack of safety procedures. And a general ignorance of electric trackless ride systems as well... Backstage at Energy there's an old 1980's period Donald Duck plush with obvious treadmarks across his body and tears in his fabric, etc.. He's pinned to the wall with a note "Remain seated INSIDE the vehicle at all times."

And the Kong vehicles must have "bumpers" right? Essentially intrusion mats stuck to the front/side/rear of the vehicle that detect a collision and stop the vehicle.. no?

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S