Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 364 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I find myself wishing there was a little something more for pass holders. Especially after they took the free water bottles off the pass. I enjoy the early access during the week and the free parking, but other than the discount. There isn't really much more to it than that.

I saw a post somewhere that Minions soft opened on June 10th, and Gringots also soft opened on june 10th. So I am hopeful that the 10th of june this year will bring a soft opening of this ride

Reactions: Ryno27
The discounts on AP's these days is hardly worth having. I must have been declined discount at Disney a half dozen times, if not more. I remember not so long back 20% at all the parks was the norm and it seemed to be accepted at more places.

As a side note - I found it quite frustrating that Disney tout their magic bands so you don't have to carry much around the parks with you, keys, cash and tickets, yet when you want to use AP discount you still need your original AP + ID :shrug:

Reactions: Mike S
Gringotts didn't soft open on June 10 at all to my recollection. It was more like July 1st or something like that. Someone help me out here.

The post had 2 rides soft opening on june 10th, It could have been Transformers. I am actively looking to find it again.

Either way its keeping me hopeful!

June 30th but was immediately plagued by technical difficulties and was basically down significantly, if not entirely thru to July 8th from what I remember.
Gringotts is a good example of no matter how bad the opening problems are, and they were many, ultimately they'll find a way to fix the issues. Rode Gringotts about a dozen times this past vacation and everything worked perfect. So, I'm not worried about Kong at all. UC will ultimately correct the issues.

Gringotts is a good example of no matter how bad the opening problems are, and they were many, ultimately they'll find a way to fix the issues. Rode Gringotts about a dozen times this past vacation and everything worked perfect. So, I'm not worried about Kong at all. UC will ultimately correct the issues.

And Gringotts was suffering from the similar kinds of communications issues that Kong has been beset with.

So Gringots main issue also involved RV communication? Took a long time for all the effects to work also, but now all seems to be working great. Does Kong Have much (if any) practical effects?

The massive smoke effect screwed up one of the sensors on Gringotts as I recall. Remember there was a period where there was not enough smoke to hide the screen? That happened just so they could run it at all. Practical effects is kind of a vague term but yes, there are effects but I never heard of any of them causing RV issues. They also tested a dank smell effect for all of the interior, but it made some of the workers dizzy and sick. Not sure of what happened after that. I haven't heard any of the TMs mention a smell.

Oh, and on Gringotts, it was some of the effects that weren't communicating properly I believe. I thought the second tippy track was one of them.

Last edited:

thanks for finding that for me.

I rode minions during soft openings which we waited at the front gate for early access for. The line was crazy by the end of the day - and for all ETERNITY. We were lucky(ish) one day to have Gringots break down while we were riding it single rider, they gave us a free express pass for any one ride. So we used it on minions. That ride is so consistently busy! I have only been on it those 2 times.

We also rode Forbidden Journey during softs and holy cow. Longest Line ever. So its gonna be crazy for us! I almost hope they dont announce anything and just open it randomly.

There is one effect I haven't seen since my first rides. I swear there was a physical smoke effect in front of Voldemort while looking back at him and moving into the next room with the lava.

Reactions: Mad Dog