Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiffins Signature Restaurant Coming to DAK in 2016

Looks to be from somewhere around the Africa side of the Africa bridge because of the boat dock across the river there.

There is a boat dock on the discovery island side of the river? I agree that the lights imply that it's africa or asia. Perhaps it was taken at the upper area before the ramps descending to the unused boat dock between africa and asia? They used to do meet and greets there.

I believe that is along the trail/path that goes near the Tree of Life. It's pretty hidden away from everything.

There is a boat dock on the discovery island side of the river? I agree that the lights imply that it's africa or asia. Perhaps it was taken at the upper area before the ramps descending to the unused boat dock between africa and asia? They used to do meet and greets there.

Yeah, I believe that's where it is. Before the M&G's showed up, they sat empty.

^ Yeah, that was torturing me. I vaguely remember us taking a break under that structure and looking at the blocked off ramps. Only time I ever ventured there.

upcountry_zpser7e8jww.jpg

Well we ate at Nomad's Lounge. We were debating on Tiffin's but it is a bit pricey. Its service and target is very high-end, but it could be tough sell; especially since I don't foresee many people who won't be sweaty and dressed down coming inside to eat. It won't surprise me to see them "dumb it down" in the future.

The inside is beautifully designed though. Joked that it's the Inception Restaurant since its theme is "themeing". :lol:

Anywho, Nomad's was great, but the food was overpriced for what you get. 3 wings for $10? That's a bit much....

The drinks were great though, and I liked that it didn't have the gimmick of selling the mug (even though I probably would have bought one :lol: ). The balcony area will be fantastic once Avatar construction is complete.

Last edited:
Well we ate at Nomad's Lounge. We were debating on Tiffin's but it is a bit pricey. Its service and target is very high-end, but it could be tough sell; especially since I don't foresee many people who won't be sweaty and dressed down coming inside to eat. It won't surprise me to see them "dumb it down" in the future.

The inside is beautifully designed though. Joked that it's the Inception Restaurant since its theme is "themeing". :lol:

Anywho, Nomad's was great, but the food was overpriced for what you get. 3 wings for $10? That's a bit much....

The drinks were great though, and I liked that it didn't have the gimmick of selling the mug (even though I probably would have bought one :lol: ). The balcony area will be fantastic once Avatar construction is complete.
We had a debate about the cost of food on Magic. They use very high-quality foods (just look at what each item is called), but it's not 3 for $10 good. One restaurateur said he prices the same wings at 6 for $8.99. He did say for the quality of the steak they serve, the smaller portions is still forth it given how thick it is.

We had a debate about the cost of food on Magic. They use very high-quality foods (just look at what each item is called), but it's not 3 for $10 good. One restaurateur said he prices the same wings at 6 for $8.99. He did say for the quality of the steak they serve, the smaller portions is still forth it given how thick it is.

Pretty much. I didn't think each wing was worth $3.33. :lol:

Compared to the Honey Coriander wings at Poly, which serves you 6 for $9 or even Jock's 8 wings for $14; it just doesn't make sense.

Pretty much. I didn't think each wing was worth $3.33. :lol:

Compared to the Honey Coriander wings at Poly, which serves you 6 for $9 or even Jock's 8 wings for $14; it just doesn't make sense.
i have a hard time seeing this as a 2 table service restaurant for the reasons you listed
price
and being so hot and sweaty coming into a place like that

Talked to a few people who at there this weekend and Tiffins was praised as the best in park restaurant in Orlando; a Carthay Circle East. My interest has peaked again.
The Nomad Lounge is basically to Tiffins what the Carthay Circle Lounge is to the restaurant as well.