Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Scare Actor Dining

Brervixen

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2012
Wirral, UK.
Does anyone have any knowledge about whether or not this will be offered again this year?

Also, just for my vacation budget, what was the price point last year?

Cheers :)

Not yet, sorry. We won't find out probably until later in June or July.

If memory serves me right, the dinner actually wasn't announced til late in the game (late Aug) so that may happen again too.

I'll sit tight for a bit.

Not that I'm wishing summer away or anything as we don't get much opportunity for sun over here...

The new ticket site does confirm the return of scare actor dining! Just add the ticket to your cart and it's an add on option.
fd9M1Qf.jpg

Am I reading that wrong or is it not available to people with ROF or FF unless they have an AP?

I've just booked, without having any other tickets just yet!

Last year that was a placeholder booking and later you had to confirm with dining services. Lots more dates this year and I might do it again but I will wait til we get much closer to decide

They do check your tickets when you check in to be sure you are eligible for stay and scream

They released us to the house a minute before Finnigan's so that horde was on our heels

Last year that was a placeholder booking and later you had to confirm with dining services. Lots more dates this year and I might do it again but I will wait til we get much closer to decide

They do check your tickets when you check in to be sure you are eligible for stay and scream

I will be eligable, we're gonna be getting UK specific tickets though :) Opening night too, I can't wait

Am I reading that wrong or is it not available to people with ROF or FF unless they have an AP?

I think they mean you need a valid HHN ticket that night as in if you have FF, you couldn't go on a Saturday if FF is not valid on that Saturday.

I think it takes place before the park closes so you need day admission + HHN admission.

I think the site mentions being able to get in for the earlier sitting times via the entrance by BMG...pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I think the site mentions being able to get in for the earlier sitting times via the entrance by BMG...pretty sure I read that somewhere.[/QUOTE said:
You must be able to access the Monsters Cafe during the day and then have a HHN ticket to be released to the event so you need both. At least it was that way last year.

I think last year was originally meant as a pass holder exclusive. Now someone did post in another thread that this year is supposed to be for pass holders in the first couple of weeks, so who knows...but this is what I read when I go to UNI's HHN site under tickets and packages and then Scareactor Dinning:

This eerily exclusive dining experience is open to all guests with a Halloween Horror Nights event ticket. Halloween Horror Nights ticket and Dining Reservations are required and must be valid for the same day.

For reservations between 5-6pm, please arrive at theme park entrance by Blue Man Group on the day of reservation (before your scheduled check-in time) to be able to attend the dining experience. Reservations after 6pm can also enter through the main theme park gate.

So I just phoned up Uni to reserve my slot for this.... I'm a bit premature, you can't make ressies until the 30 day mark *crying with laughter* - the poor girl on the phone must have thought I was some nutter!

So I just phoned up Uni to reserve my slot for this.... I'm a bit premature, you can't make ressies until the 30 day mark *crying with laughter* - the poor girl on the phone must have thought I was some nutter!
The website seems to indicate that you can do this now. If you add it to the cart it asks you to choose the date your going.

I have a question about the scareactor dining. If the price includes one digital download of a photo taken, then it stands that my wife and I would each get a free digital download (two separate tickets). But are multiple photos taken of different characters? I'm afraid that if they took one photo of me, my wife, and a character, then my wife's one free digital download would be the same as my free digital download.

I think last year was originally meant as a pass holder exclusive. Now someone did post in another thread that this year is supposed to be for pass holders in the first couple of weeks, so who knows...but this is what I read when I go to UNI's HHN site under tickets and packages and then Scareactor Dinning:

This eerily exclusive dining experience is open to all guests with a Halloween Horror Nights event ticket. Halloween Horror Nights ticket and Dining Reservations are required and must be valid for the same day.

For reservations between 5-6pm, please arrive at theme park entrance by Blue Man Group on the day of reservation (before your scheduled check-in time) to be able to attend the dining experience. Reservations after 6pm can also enter through the main theme park gate.

Sounds like they are expanding this then. With it being for AP last year they assumed you could get to the cafe but if it is just a HHN ticket then they would have to let you in the side. A way to do stay and scream without the day ticket just $50 and you get a meal in AC.

I have a question about the scareactor dining. If the price includes one digital download of a photo taken, then it stands that my wife and I would each get a free digital download (two separate tickets). But are multiple photos taken of different characters? I'm afraid that if they took one photo of me, my wife, and a character, then my wife's one free digital download would be the same as my free digital download.

Last year, we did get three separate downloads (even w/ more than one of us in the photo) We had two scareactors to take photos w/ the photographer, but more actors roaming around that we could take our own pictures with.

Sounds like they are expanding this then. With it being for AP last year they assumed you could get to the cafe but if it is just a HHN ticket then they would have to let you in the side. A way to do stay and scream without the day ticket just $50 and you get a meal in AC.

Good point, I wasn't even thinking of the stay and scream aspect, but I imagine they are happy with getting you to have dinner in the park.

You get one per paid admission so if you both choose to have the same character pose with your they will be very similar. They are very accommodating so I am sure you can each have a different actor or both of you in each picture with a different actor. The atmosphere is very relaxed and unrushed.