Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So Gringotts and Transformers are what threw off the balance for you? The other screen based attractions were there for quite a while in one form or another. Of course I'm speaking about before F&F and Jimmy come online next year.
We still had Twister, Earthquake, ET too.

Screen based attractions in 2004:
-Terminator 2
-Shrek 4-D
-Back to the Future
-Jimmy Neutron

Screen Based attractions by next year:
-Terminator 2 (3-D)
-Shrek (3-D)
-the Simpsons
-Despicable Me (3-D)
-Gringotts (3-D)
-Hogwarts Express
-Fallon
-Fast And the Furious (3-D)
-Transformers (3-D)

The screen based attractions have doubled.

-Terminator 2
-Shrek 4-D
-Back to the Future
-Jimmy Neutron

-Terminator 2 (3-D)
-Shrek (3-D)
-the Simpsons
-Despicable Me (3-D)
-Gringotts (3-D)
-Hogwarts Express
-Fallon
-Transformers (3-D)

Out of the new ones added only Fast & Furious and Fallon could bother me if they don't turn out well. I really like Gringotts and the Hogwarts Express couldn't really be done feasibly any other way. Transformers is way better than the nothing that was in that spot before. I guess if Shrek went away for SLoP and Terminator for a different dark ride it would help things even out for you. Would be better for me too since I don't really care for those shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheezbat
My ideal studios park would have:

Terminator 2
Back to the Future
Jaws
Revenge of the Mummy
Men In Black
Transformers
Escape From Gringotts
ET
Waterworld
And some type of water ride.

Basically I'm happy with the two parks we have, I just wish there was less of a 3-D and screens focus and more practical rides.
As of right now, IOA is the better park in my mind...if you added Mummy, MIB and Diagon to it I'd say just demo what's left at Studios. Lol

Reactions: tankart150

-Terminator 2
-Shrek 4-D
-Back to the Future
-Jimmy Neutron

-Terminator 2 (3-D)
-Shrek (3-D)
-the Simpsons
-Despicable Me (3-D)
-Gringotts (3-D)
-Hogwarts Express
-Fallon
-Transformers (3-D)

But HE, Gringotts, and Transformers are all solid attractions.

I agree with Shrek being replaced by a set/AA-heavy SLoP dark ride.

For T2, I'd replace it with a two-level Universal's Greatest Hits dark ride (Classic Monsters/Hitchcock for horror, Marilyn Monroe/Betty Boop for romance, Abbott and Costello/Lucy/Smokey and the Bandit/Animal House for comedy, E.T./BTTF/Apollo 13 for science fiction, Earthquake/Bourne Ultimatum for action, Wicked/Mamma Mia/Les Miserables/Pitch Perfect for musicals).

You give Jaws, BTTF, Earthquake, and E.T. some representation, provide a nostalgia-based attraction (ET, BTTF, Smokey, Animal House, Monsters, Marilyn Monroe, Jaws, Betty Boop, Hitchcock, Lucy, Abbott and Costello) in a park always looking for IPs to replace the old attractions with, showcase some mid-tier IPs that wouldn't really work as a stand-alone attraction (musicals, Bourne, Apollo 13) and guests get a nice E-ticket with no height requirement, and E.T.'s old spot can be used for Mario/DK/Yoshi.

I doubt such a proposal would ever happen, but I think adding two E-tickets that have next to no screens would be a good way to balance things out at USF.

Reactions: Mike S
But HE, Gringotts, and Transformers are all solid attractions.

I agree with Shrek being replaced by a set/AA-heavy SLoP dark ride.

For T2, I'd replace it with a two-level Universal's Greatest Hits dark ride (Classic Monsters/Hitchcock for horror, Marilyn Monroe/Betty Boop for romance, Abbott and Costello/Lucy/Smokey and the Bandit/Animal House for comedy, E.T./BTTF/Apollo 13 for science fiction, Earthquake/Bourne Ultimatum for action, Wicked/Mamma Mia/Les Miserables/Pitch Perfect for musicals).

You give Jaws, BTTF, Earthquake, and E.T. some representation, provide a nostalgia-based attraction (ET, BTTF, Smokey, Animal House, Monsters, Marilyn Monroe, Jaws, Betty Boop, Hitchcock, Lucy, Abbott and Costello) in a park always looking for IPs to replace the old attractions with, showcase some mid-tier IPs that wouldn't really work as a stand-alone attraction (musicals, Bourne, Apollo 13) and guests get a nice E-ticket with no height requirement, and E.T.'s old spot can be used for Mario/DK/Yoshi.

I doubt such a proposal would ever happen, but I think adding two E-tickets that have next to no screens would be a good way to balance things out at USF.
Another hit for The Great Universal Movie Ride!!! :peace:

Place a great E.T. scene in there and the old ride building gets a Space Fantasy makeover like in Japan but as Super Mario Galaxy :love:

How much room is by T2 anyway?

I feel the Mummy does sorta need a reboot, but also I really want it to stay the same. See, I really love Fraser's energy that he puts in the ride. Like in the queue when he say's stuff about the magi(spelling), and how it's mumbo jumbo. It's funny. Of course it's hard to recognize this stuff with the fast-moving line, but still. I know a lot of people always love the "if i gotten my damn coffee" bit.

As for Men in Black, I always loved the theme of the ride, and I love the queue. It's accurate and a nice tribute to the movies. That being said, I'd like to see Ghostbusters revisit the park. Afterall it is a Universal classic. However, as much as I want to like the new Ghostbusters because I do think the actresses are talented, the movie doesn't look good at all. I don't want Ghostbusters to be themed after the new movie which would likely be the case

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
What the Mummy has going for it is is continually ranked as a ride with the highest guest satisfaction. It's 12 years old and it still brings 'em in. I know it's my favorite at USF, it's many of my friend's favorites, and I hear more positive things coming off that ride than I do any other in that park.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if the ride got re-themed(Back to the Future anyone?), as long as that ride system stays in place. It's just so much fun with just enough thrill to make most people happy.

Honestly, even though it's not technically my "favorite" ride on property, it's consistently the most "fun" ride for me in terms of experience for a couple of reasons:
-I love the queue experience, though it almost always has a short, easy to digest wait.
-I'm a huge HHN fan (like many of us here), and the queue and ride give just enough sampling of creepy atmosphere to keep me satisfied during the majority of the year.
-It has a very classic feel with all of the practical effects (namely tons of fire) while still feeling modern.
-It has just enough physical action to be thrilling without being uncomfortable.

I'm not sure if I'd be in the majority here, but I have no desire to see this re-themed. While the IP itself may be dated, the mummy as a horror concept is timeless.

"If I had gotten my damn coffee" scene is one of my favorites of any theme park ride.

My friend and I used to work at a Barnes and Noble Cafe, and we always get fake-mad that he's being served that coffee without a lid, since you can't do that for safety standards.

Come to think of it, we have a lot of funny/dumb commentary on Mummy and are probably annoying as hell to ride with. :tongue:

My friend and I used to work at a Barnes and Noble Cafe, and we always get fake-mad that he's being served that coffee without a lid, since you can't do that for safety standards.

Come to think of it, we have a lot of funny/dumb commentary on Mummy and are probably annoying as hell to ride with. :tongue:
It's a great ride as it is. I hope they don't change a thing, short of maintenance upgrades. :)

You know, MIB may be my most favorite ride at Universal...of course Gringotts is a close second, but I still find new aliens everytime I ride MIB and I've been riding since 2000
It's a really fun ride. Not my top one but certainly up there in the rankings. What I enjoy about it most is that every ride seems a little bit different. That keeps things interesting. Hope it's there forever. The old phrase. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.....Side note: We love that door at the top of the exit steps. We stop & listen to the dialogue behind it every time we exit the ride. Funny as all hell.

Honestly, a Ghostbusters overlay of MIB wouldn't be a horrible idea. It might also save Comcast money on the IP because they wouldn't have to pay Sony for MIB anymore.

If they did something like that, they could build Ghostbusters where the Mummy is now and then build an Ancient Egypt section of the park in the spot where MIB and FFL are with a new Mummy coaster.

It's a really fun ride. Not my top one but certainly up there in the rankings. What I enjoy about it most is that every ride seems a little bit different. That keeps things interesting. Hope it's there forever. The old phrase. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.....Side note: We love that door at the top of the exit steps. We stop & listen to the dialogue behind it every time we exit the ride. Funny as all hell.

What dialogue comes out of there??