Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cobra's Curse

Love the coverage. It looks like a really fun ride and a great addition to the park.

As for the queue itself, it is far and away the best in the park. The entrance is very impressive in person and probably awesome looking at night. The story was kind of hard to follow, but the idea is that you'll be riding as recruits to help a crane remove the head of the Snake King (whose name I missed). The theming is top notch for a SeaWorld park and really feels like an temple expedition with crates, artifacts, and whatnot. Before you reach the end, you'll reach a room with a 3D carving of the Snake King that comes to live and tells his story via projection mapping. The concept is cool and I saw two different versions (I believe there are 5), but towards the end of each scene, the room lights up, which kind of ruins the effect. However, it also gets bonus points for using AC, something lacking in all the other rides.
This makes the Mako queue even more disappointing :(

Now if only I had Seth Rogans bank account....

Anyways I thought the coaster was fun and its going to be a slam dunk for kids and families. Its a great in between ride for kids who may be afraid of inversions, extreme heights, or relentless speed. Its target audience is definitely the 6-10 year old child which is exactly what they needed. Air Grover covers the 3-6 year old range, Sand Serpents and now Cobras Curse cover the 6-10 year old range with Scorpion sliding in the 8 and above field due to the "scary loop". Then you Cheetah Hunt which is 10-12 and up and finally the 3 big B&M's for "big kids" and adults.

Without spoiling anything for those who are living under a rock or with respect to those purposely avoiding videos and pics the queue is simply outstanding. The theming is on point for the attraction, the story is somewhat easy to follow if your paying attention, and best of all its air conditioned!! My oh my why did it take BGT so long to create an air conditioned queue. The interior theming especially that of the snake room and the projection mapping room are on the Universal / Disney level with BGT's animal ambassador flare mixed in. The projection mapping is extremely well done and both shows, yes there are two effects, both had my mouth open in awe. The only reason I didn't give it a 9 or 10 is because there are still parts of the queue that are outside which IMO takes away from the theming a bit and its hot lol.

Many including myself were probably a little disappointed when they announced this ride. Mainly because it is so family focused. But when you take a step back and look at the line up overall that they have to offer, its easy to see why they made the decision to bring it here. People love rollercoasters and Busch Gardens does rollercoasters better than just about anyone else. The addition of Cobras Curse further cements their stronghold on not just the thrill market, but the family market. So while this ride may not have as big an impact on attendance this year as say Mako down the street. I think it have a greater impact for the park going forward in terms of family offerings, repeat visits from those with kids, and better overall guest satisfaction scores.

Ride Score 7 out of 10
Queue Score 8 out of 10

At min 18:50, they should add some netting to the bottom of the crossing gate. With everything that has been going on with kids, that looks dangerous.

Anyways I thought the coaster was fun and its going to be a slam dunk for kids and families. Its a great in between ride for kids who may be afraid of inversions, extreme heights, or relentless speed. Its target audience is definitely the 6-10 year old child which is exactly what they needed. Air Grover covers the 3-6 year old range, Sand Serpents and now Cobras Curse cover the 6-10 year old range with Scorpion sliding in the 8 and above field due to the "scary loop". Then you Cheetah Hunt which is 10-12 and up and finally the 3 big B&M's for "big kids" and adults.

Without spoiling anything for those who are living under a rock or with respect to those purposely avoiding videos and pics the queue is simply outstanding. The theming is on point for the attraction, the story is somewhat easy to follow if your paying attention, and best of all its air conditioned!! My oh my why did it take BGT so long to create an air conditioned queue. The interior theming especially that of the snake room and the projection mapping room are on the Universal / Disney level with BGT's animal ambassador flare mixed in. The projection mapping is extremely well done and both shows, yes there are two effects, both had my mouth open in awe. The only reason I didn't give it a 9 or 10 is because there are still parts of the queue that are outside which IMO takes away from the theming a bit and its hot lol.

Many including myself were probably a little disappointed when they announced this ride. Mainly because it is so family focused. But when you take a step back and look at the line up overall that they have to offer, its easy to see why they made the decision to bring it here. People love rollercoasters and Busch Gardens does rollercoasters better than just about anyone else. The addition of Cobras Curse further cements their stronghold on not just the thrill market, but the family market. So while this ride may not have as big an impact on attendance this year as say Mako down the street. I think it have a greater impact for the park going forward in terms of family offerings, repeat visits from those with kids, and better overall guest satisfaction scores.

Ride Score 7 out of 10
Queue Score 8 out of 10
As I've said before,I think it's a great idea to rate both the ride & queue. That's the totality of the attraction. A poor queue subtracts from the overall experience. This sounds like a fun ride. Not great thrills, but great fun.

Here's our interview with Jim Dean, President of Busch Gardens Tampa, on the excitement of bringing Cobra's Curse to the park; as well as some of the thought process of bringing the coaster to life.

Hope you guys do a lot more like this. It adds interest and professionalism to the site. Bravo to this, the other videos & the coaster review earlier. :thumbsup: Glad you moved to Orlando. You & HTF make a good team.....Orlando Tag team Champs.

Hope you guys do a lot more like this. It adds interest and professionalism to the site. Bravo to this & the coaster review earlier. :thumbsup: Glad you moved to Orlando. You & HTF make a good team.....Orlando Tag team Champs.

Where as Parkscope guys are "Unprofessional" - We like to use the term "Semi-Professional". :lol:

But really, thanks! We're trying to do more like this, hopefully down the line some of the parks around can provide us some opportunities like SeaWorld and BGT have the past week.

Ride Score 7 out of 10
Queue Score 8 out of 10
Great review. Really looks like a fun ride.

Where as Parkscope guys are "Unprofessional" - We like to use the term "Semi-Professional". :lol:

But really, thanks! We're trying to do more like this, hopefully down the line some of the parks around can provide us some opportunities like SeaWorld and BGT have the past week.
It is the cool dudes review :)

Sorry, can't agree with you on the "Parkscope" guys being unprofessional. I need to stay on Test Track's good side so he doesn't delete my more controversial posts. :lol: