Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout is coming to Disneyland Resort for Summer of 2017, as Benicio Del Toro is coming back to reprise his role.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Coming to Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2017 | Disney Parks Blog

Today at San Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, announced to a packed house of fans that the Guardians of the Galaxy are coming to Disney California Adventure park!

Beginning in summer 2017, the outrageous and irreverent gang will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – a comically high-energy, rocking new adventure. Guests will be right in the mix with characters from the blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy” films.

View attachment 2585

Deep inside his fortress-like collection, the mysterious Taneleer Tivan (aka The Collector) is displaying his newest acquisitions, the Guardians of the Galaxy. They are trapped in customized display cases, suspended over a vast abyss. Unbeknownst to their unscrupulous captor, the intrepid Rocket has escaped and is enlisting the Collector’s VIP guests for help. Guests board a gantry lift, which launches them into a chaotic and hilarious adventure as they join Rocket in an attempt to break his fellow Guardians out of captivity.

upload_2016-7-23_19-11-49.png

The new attraction will anchor a broader universe of Super Heroes that will grow over time at Disney California Adventure park. This exciting new presence will transform the structure currently housing The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (scheduled to close in early 2017) into an epic new adventure, enhancing the breathtaking free fall sensation with all-new visual and audio effects to create a variety of ride experiences. Guests will experience multiple random, unique ride profiles in which the rise and fall of the gantry lift will rock to the beat of music inspired by the film’s popular soundtrack.

upload_2016-7-23_19-11-57.png

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opens summer 2017 at Disney California Adventure park. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog as we’ll bring you more details as the attraction develops as well as opportunities to celebrate The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ before it closes in early 2017.

Unsurprisingly; this got booed when it was announced just a few minutes ago, as this will be replacing the iconic Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror for Disneyland Resort.

Sooo.....thoughts?

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout is coming to Disneyland Resort for Summer of 2017, as Benicio Del Toro is coming back to reprise his role.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Coming to Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2017 | Disney Parks Blog

Unsurprisingly; this got booed when it was announced just a few minutes ago, as this will be replacing the iconic Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror for Disneyland Resort.

Sooo.....thoughts?
Wait, it was booed at the panel? Lmao.

Gee, that's not gonna' look totally out of place in Hollywood Blvd or anything...

Anyways, if there is a silver lining, this tower is finally getting random drop programs so the drop tower section itself will be improved.

Finally, a thing about the multiple reports of people booing at the announcement. With the SDCC crowd, they act like giddy schoolgirls over any little thing, it does not take much to get them excited. So if you announce something and they boo...you dun screwed up.

Oh boy, I lost a lot of bets on this one.

They have like six months to build this. Can Disney even test a ride, not to mention redo it entirely, in that time?

Oh boy, I lost a lot of bets on this one.

They have a year to build this. Have they even announced when the ride shuts down? With Disney's timelines, every day less they have to work on this makes it more of a disaster.
Says its closes early 2017 in the press release... I don't see how they do this in 6 months.

Ummm.... they are seriously going to do this in 6 months? I have a hard time believing this will shut down early 2017 and be back up early summer 2017.

Other than that I don't really care, but I know people who go to DL more will complain. I know I would if this was happening in WDW.

As long as they cannot mess with Orlando, I am fine.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. It makes no sense in DCA, it's scary to think they could decide to just not care about theming and do a cheap overlay. It would make as much sense to do this at DHS as it would at DCA.

I feel like it they announced this along with all the marvel land stuff they have planned coming it wouldn't have been as negative. Right now it seems out of place because it is in the middle of Hollywood but in 3-5 years that whole area will be marvel so it will fit in better.

Simple, it will be a crap overlay. New sign, new audio... end of story.
I guess it doesn't take long to rip out all that fancy trim work, wall paper, furnishings, carpet, etc. and then just use the bare walls to represent a "warehouse". Then just throw in a few props that they could already be working on, reprogram the ride and done.