Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Holy Land

Do we really know that they are having financial trouble? I mean just because they're selling some stuff off doesn't necessarily mean that. Otherwise we would assume that Universal opening the prop shop means they're going out of business.
But Universal is not claiming financial problems like Holy Land.

But Universal is not claiming financial problems like Holy Land.
Well that was my point, I didn't see anywhere where it said they were claiming financial problems. The article stated they had some in 2014. It seems like they are just drawing conclusions. I think it's a good educated guess, but I didn't see anyone point to anything factual.

Well that was my point, I didn't see anywhere where it said they were claiming financial problems. The article stated they had some in 2014. It seems like they are just drawing conclusions. I think it's a good educated guess, but I didn't see anyone point to anything factual.

The park owner Jan Crouch just died and she had a lot of debt.

I don't quite get all the hate for this park. From all the photos I've seen it looks like a very nicely themed historical/mythology based park especially considering it's not a big budget park.

From what I understand, when it opened it was nicely themed and decent. However over the years it turned into something that's still nicely themed here and there...but with a whole lot of additions that made it right at home with any tourist trap. This trip report from a couple years ago shows it pretty accurately.

Erik & Smisty's Florida Oddventures - Page 114 - Theme Park Review

Nope, still open, just on life support. Time for a telethon on their network to save it. I still remember Jim & Tammy Faye Baker begging for money for their park...

22messner-2.600.jpg