Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was to bring Fantastic Beasts into the parks, I'd replace Mummy with it. It's set in New York after all. I've always thought of US as being real places and IOA being fantasy.
I have nothing against Mummy but if the future films are a success along with the cinematic universe that Universal are trying to build, it would be better suited as a land along with the the other films in the 3rd park.

Universal Monsters (2014 film series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
People keep gunning for Mummy.:(

I love it for the ride and theming.:)

People keep gunning for Mummy.:(

I love it for the ride and theming.:)

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Mummy but if it was going to be on the chopping block, i'd like to think it would be for a good reason and hopefully find a new home some where else.

The Mummy, in a way, is one of the remaining "classic rides" from the old Universal. E.T. being a pure original, but Mummy and MIB are the only remaining rides from the 2000's. (Deliberately excluding the drag and drop from 2009)

Wouldn't most of IOA be in that list too?

I'm current watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and to throw an idea out there for something a bit more family friendly would be to have a Whomping Willow flat ride. Something similar to this but themed accordingly:

Swing ride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Mummy but if it was going to be on the chopping block, i'd like to think it would be for a good reason and hopefully find a new home some where else.

I'm current watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and to throw an idea out there for something a bit more family friendly would be to have a Whomping Willow flat ride. Something similar to this but themed accordingly:

I really don't like these types of rides in theme parks like Universal. They just seem so cheap/carnival looking. Kind of like why I stay away from dinoland in AK.

I was referring to USF attractions only. Sorry about my unclearness.
By the way, Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite Potter movie after Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 and a Whomping Willow flat ride would be great.

Reactions: Scott W.
The main appeal of doing a movie of THE CURSED CHILD would be in seeing as many of the actors return to their roles as possible. Without explicit spoilers, let's just say this prospect is already - or will very shortly be - impossible for several key parts, and the likelihood of Emma Watson (who toyed with not even finishing out the movies) or Daniel Radcliffe (who has been ultra-ambivalent about the idea of ever coming back) returning is very slim.

The plot of THE CURSED CHILD is not strong enough on its own to overcome an entirely new lineup of actors.

Thus why i'll never accept Cursed Child as canon... on top of the fact that it sucks as a pure read.

Have you guys actually seen Cursed Child performed or even read the final script?

I didn't think so. It has garnered absolute raves, so maybe it works as presented. That can also be adapted into film form. Yes, I am aware the plot is insane but I haven't seen the actual play so I don't think that counts as an opinion why it can't work.

Reactions: Mike S
Have you guys actually seen Cursed Child performed or even read the final script?

I didn't think so. It has garnered absolute raves, so maybe it works as presented. That can also be adapted into film form. Yes, I am aware the plot is insane but I haven't seen the actual play so I don't think that counts as an opinion why it can't work.
I didn't say it doesn't work as a play. I've heard nothing but good things. But that doesn't mean it's a fun read with the script they released. A lot of the emotion is lost in stage commands that i'm sure we'd see on-stage.

Also, I never presented my opinion as an account of the play, just the released script. That's a completely separate review.

Completely unthemed I can see why but MK has a lot of carnival type rides like the Teacups, Dumbo, Astro Orbiter and Aladdin that work because of their theming.
Well they're also there because Walt placed them into Disneyland very early on and they were opening day rides at MK because of that. Aladdin is just a different theme for the same concept. And a poor use of a potentially great theme park IP.

Im didn't think so. It has garnered absolute raves, so maybe it works as presented. That can also be adapted into film form. Yes, I am aware the plot is insane but I haven't seen the actual play so I don't think that counts as an opinion why it can't work.
I'm avoiding spoilers and refusing to read the script. I am of the mindset that this story was specifically crafted for consumption as a stage play, and that is the manner in which I want to first learn of this story. The point of her novels were to be the all encompassing experience. But with this script, it is only a part of a artfully crafted show along the music, visuals, and acting. I don't read the scripts for other Broadway plays because learning the twists and turns of the narrative while it is being performed live is part of the fun.

I can understand and respect other people's need to know absolutely everthing about it now, but I want to have the patience to experience the story in the way JK clearly intended it. But I do believe it was a cheap thing to hype up the release of the script, when it isn't even a novelized version.

Future of Dragon Challenge
Future of Dragon Challenge
Future of
Orl-UIA-Dueling-Dragons.jpg

Back to topic? Maybe?

I'm avoiding spoilers and refusing to read the script. I am of the mindset that this story was specifically crafted for consumption as a stage play, and that is the manner in which I want to first learn of this story. The point of her novels were to be the all encompassing experience. But with this script, it is only a part of a artfully crafted show along the music, visuals, and acting. I don't read the scripts for other Broadway plays because learning the twists and turns of the narrative while it is being performed live is part of the fun.

I can understand and respect other people's need to know absolutely everthing about it now, but I want to have the patience to experience the story in the way JK clearly intended it. But I do believe it was a cheap thing to hype up the release of the script, when it isn't even a novelized version.
That's the thing, if you don't want people to criticize your work of art, don't belittle it by releasing the script the day the show debuts. I would've far preferred she wait 5-8 years when most huge potter fans will have seen the play and then release a novelized version. It feels so cheap and basically like a pure money grab to just print up a bunch of scripts and call it "the 8th official book".

JK Rowling said she wants the show to travel to "As many places as possible" so it will be touring around the world and on Broadway before long.

It could travel for 30 years and my original point would still stand strong, the majority of potter fans will not get to see this.

It could travel for 30 years and my original point would still stand strong, the majority of potter fans will not get to see this.
Maybe not on a professional level, but just wait until this gets sent out for High schools and Colleges to put on. It'll be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.