Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure

No Halloween Horror Nights would be complete with these “excellent” dudes! The Wyld Stallyns return with an all-new Halloween adventure.

Even though this is an election year, can we please keep politics out? It is rarely ever that funny and definitely more divisive than any of the other characters they lampoon.

New Ghostbusters seems ripe for a spoof as does The BFG (mostly for tanking).

Even though this is an election year, can we please keep politics out? It is rarely ever that funny and definitely more divisive than any of the other characters they lampoon.

I don't think you can keep politics out and do a topical show. It is such a large part of the news

I thought the cold open was the only good part of the 2008 show. Got a lot of laughs out of the original Romney spoof in 2012, and the Ghostbusters spoof last year (even if the Bill Clinton jokes were a bit long in the tooth).

That said, I fear the Legal and PR departments will neuter this show of any political sting before opening night.

2004 was Dr. Evil kidnapping Bush and Kerry so he could become President with Mr. Burns. One of the best shows they ever did.

2004 was Dr. Evil kidnapping Bush and Kerry so he could become President with Mr. Burns. One of the best shows they ever did.

Okay, that one I did not get to see, but it does sound like a good premise.

The best I have seen was 2013 which had no memorable political jokes and actually used a horror movie to drive story.

Agreed, this was one of the biggest issues with the 2012 show. To do it they have to keep it balanced and everyone just complains when the jokes go against their political viewpoint. 2012 kept it fairly light, my biggest complaint was splitting up Bill and Ted and turning them against each other in order to fit it into the story. That being said they have to have something, I just hope they don't play too big of a role.
This is the first year for new Ted right?
Yes. I'm really going to miss the previous Ted, but I'm ready to give whoever the new Ted is a chance and hope he can fill the shoes of his predecessor.

I think Pokemon Go could be a big topic this year.

I have a feeling that they'll have this year bring back Lex Luthor as the antagonist, alongside Trump and Clinton..and I expect a lot of jabs at Warner Brothers this year in terms of the DC Movies being less than popular.

I think we are going to see Deadpool interact with the Audience, and the long awaited return of the Oscar/Golden Globes nominated HHNBear as he drags the body of a mauled Leonardo DiCaprio and dances his way out.

I also expect WDI Jabs here and there (ranging from DCA's TOT to SEX TAILS); and I think we'll see some UC jabs too in a strange way. But I think the overall tone of the show this year, will be very much like "Welcome to the 25th anniversary of our Excellent Halloween adventure" as they bring back some of the best jokes from the past alongside with new jokes in-between them.

I'll probably be wrong; but I wouldn't see that impossible actually..

But I think the overall tone of the show this year, will be very much like "Welcome to the 25th anniversary of our Excellent Halloween adventure" as they bring back some of the best jokes from the past alongside with new jokes in-between them.

I'll probably be wrong; but I wouldn't see that impossible actually..

That was last year. Yes, I know B&T didn't start until year 2 - but last year was their "Anniversary" type show. Although I can see a jab along the lines of "Isn't this technically our 25th year?"

Regarding politics, if it was a normal election, I'd see them steering clear; but it's Trump, and Hillary isn't exactly a fan-favorite either. They'll be there.

There is no way Trump isn't the villain. He's too prominent, and omnidirectionally offensive. Hillary will be there too.

Ghostbusters, BvS, Deadpool, Iron Man/Captain America, Taylor Swift/Kayne, Stranger Things, SEXTAILS, Suicide Squad (honestly this is where I think the Chance actress will appear, posing as HQ), Zootopia, Revenant (BEAR BEAR BEAR) and of course: TFA will all appear/be spoofed.

I can't wait, but I'll have to. Spoils will be a-comin!

I doubt it will happen because it didn't seem popular enough, but it would be funny to have a parody of Bow Wow at the grammy's start the Bill and Ted preshow. You can get a better idea on YouTube, but he kept saying the grammy's will start right now. Meanwhile there was a clock in the bottom left corner that he still had another minute and a half. It was awkward to say the least.

At first I thought that "Chewbacca mom" might be in the show, but luckily that died down after two or three weeks. If we go with what stupid things are trending then I can see random moments when actors come on stage in the middle of a scene while looking for a Pokemon.

That was last year. Yes, I know B&T didn't start until year 2 - but last year was their "Anniversary" type show. Although I can see a jab along the lines of "Isn't this technically our 25th year?"

Regarding politics, if it was a normal election, I'd see them steering clear; but it's Trump, and Hillary isn't exactly a fan-favorite either. They'll be there.

Right now the election is up there with "can we make jokes about mass shootings?" in terms of things not to touch. Enough humor out there already.

I think this year will not see the return of the Cameron/Avatar spoof. I could be wrong but it seems close enough to opening that it would be free publicity rather than just a slam against Disney.

I think this year will not see the return of the Cameron/Avatar spoof. I could be wrong but it seems close enough to opening that it would be free publicity rather than just a slam against Disney.
It doesn't really feel that close to opening to me, although I haven't really been following it. I expect it to continue up until Avatar land actually opens, then he could come out excited that it finally opened and they could say nobody cares.

I have a feeling that they'll have this year bring back Lex Luthor as the antagonist

It's very difficult to use another company's villain character as a straight-up villain. You have to change the character up enough to make them an obvious parody (e.g. Capt. Mexico, or Avengers as high school students or strippers). Use of Luthor and Capt. Jack back in the mid-00s is the main reason they are so strict on taping and have relied so heavily on real life celebrities ever since. Not going to risk having a main character who can be shut down with a cease-and-desist letter. Almost definitely going to be (1) made up for the show, (2) a real life celeb, or (least likely) (3) a Universal character.

The sex tails must return lol. I really hope it's not all political because this election is already too much of a joke. That and the last thing I want to see is another controversy from Bill and Ted, already almost lost the rights because of it