Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I tried to watch AHS, but just didn't really get into it. I may go back and try a different season. To me so far the only exciting thing about having AHS at HHN is that it builds a relationship with the show creators and perhaps increases the likelihood of Scream Queens coming to HHN sometime!

Reactions: graspthesun
I tried to watch AHS, but just didn't really get into it. I may go back and try a different season. To me so far the only exciting thing about having AHS at HHN is that it builds a relationship with the show creators and perhaps increases the likelihood of Scream Queens coming to HHN sometime!
Which season did you watch? I found that the second one (Asylum) is the best. The last one (Hotel) I did not like much, was too disjointed and over-done. Unlike most I did like Freakshow. Coven was so so, Murder House was great, but not as good as Asylum (then I have something for asylum settings).

AHS seasons 1 & 2 by far the only creepy seasons. Coven had a great concept but was completely the opposite of what I expected (not in a good way). Freakshow turned into a musical with the only watchable scenes coming from Danny and the killer clown! Hotel seemed promising but had way too many subplots that were rushed at times and half-assed. They need to get back to the basics of "horror." My hopes is that this new season will return to the same feeling 1 and 2 gave me. I'm not getting my hopes up, still looking forward to seeing the execution of the house tho
All of Ryan Murphy's shows follow this same arc of great premise, promising start, stunt cast and lose sight of the story and plot, then rush to a usually unsatisfying conclusion.

The great thing about doing an AHS haunt is you can just cherry pick the bits that work. For example, if you just took the Twisty the Clown story from Freak Show it would be a pretty great concept.

Which season did you watch? I found that the second one (Asylum) is the best. The last one (Hotel) I did not like much, was too disjointed and over-done. Unlike most I did like Freakshow. Coven was so so, Murder House was great, but not as good as Asylum (then I have something for asylum settings).
I only watched the fist few episodes of the first season. Given the anthology nature of the series I think I will go back into it from a different season.

Yeah, I feel AHS could be good since ther is a lot of variety (assuming it is not tied to only one season).

I think that is why I'm tired of TWD as its always zombies. When TWD had that park wide scare zone, it was all zombies. Now if they were to use something like Grimm for all the zones, I think that would work better as different zones could feature different characters.

I do tend to enjoy a lot of the original houses more, but after houses such as Halloween and Insidious, I am starting to warm up to IP usages.

Whether you like AHS or not, you have to admit the aesthetic is there. Especially in those teasers they use to promote upcoming seasons and in the varied intros for them. The crying nuns of Asylum, the Freakshow puppets and dolls, The levitating witches in Coven, and the halls and rooms of Hotel. While I agree that they tend to have too many pointless story arcs, I still think the show is great for this medium.

That corner by the Library facade is going to be extremely crowded during the event.

2 exits
2 entrances
HHN Store
New York Scarezone
Smaller because Fallon walls

Reactions: Cole
Whether you like AHS or not, you have to admit the aesthetic is there. Especially in those teasers they use to promote upcoming seasons and in the varied intros for them. The crying nuns of Asylum, the Freakshow puppets and dolls, The levitating witches in Coven, and the halls and rooms of Hotel. While I agree that they tend to have too many pointless story arcs, I still think the show is great for this medium.
Much agreed, especially Hotel, as much as I disliked it, had some great aesthetics.

In my opinion; I think that Music Plaza will house two entrances for this year.
Yeah, there's plenty of room for another one there.
I originally thought it would go there, but I looked at house building entrances/exits as well as the placement of the lines and it doesn't seem to work out. Would one of you mind illustrating what you think it will be using one of those past diagrams?

I originally thought it would go there, but I looked at house building entrances/exits as well as the placement of the lines and it doesn't seem to work out. Would one of you mind illustrating what you think it will be using one of those past diagrams?

HINJ9YX.jpg

Reactions: Cole
But isn't there a house in the second building from the right that has an exit that would cross paths with this?
That could occupy the other half of the concert area grounds and lead in to the left of the blue line.

Does anyone have a list of which soundstage are being used?

That could occupy the other half of the concert area grounds and lead in to the left of the blue line.

Does anyone have a list of which soundstage are being used?

We know SS's 24 and 21 will be used (SS24 for GhostTown and presumably TWD; and SS21 for AHS and The Repositiory). We also know that The Exorcist will be used at one of the SS's; although I could guess that it could be at SS22 but that's probably something for @Legacy to state.