Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26 Crowds: When To Go

Mar 6, 2008
Columbus, GA
Hey guys,

Asked this question in the "when are you going" thread but haven't gotten a response and though this may be helpful to others anyway.

I've been going to HHN since 15, missing only two years in that time. Our normal plan is to go on a Friday night with Express. As you can guess, we're able to do everything no problem. This year, funds are a little tight and we can't spring for the $100 Express. If we're able to go at all, I'd like to do Thursday, 10/20. They're open until 2am that night. Will we be able to comfortably do everything that night without Express? What kind of waits can we expect? We will be doing Stay & Scream, so that'll help.

Anyone else who wants to, feel free to use this thread to ask about crowds for other nights. We have a wealth of HHN-going experience on this site so you should be able to gauge the crowds pretty well from responses here.

Hey guys,

Asked this question in the "when are you going" thread but haven't gotten a response and though this may be helpful to others anyway.

I've been going to HHN since 15, missing only two years in that time. Our normal plan is to go on a Friday night with Express. As you can guess, we're able to do everything no problem. This year, funds are a little tight and we can't spring for the $100 Express. If we're able to go at all, I'd like to do Thursday, 10/20. They're open until 2am that night. Will we be able to comfortably do everything that night without Express? What kind of waits can we expect? We will be doing Stay & Scream, so that'll help.

Anyone else who wants to, feel free to use this thread to ask about crowds for other nights. We have a wealth of HHN-going experience on this site so you should be able to gauge the crowds pretty well from responses here.

You're getting late into the event during "hell week", if you can swing a Wednesday instead and do Stay & Scream you'll be better off to do everything. @BriMan what do you recommend?

Hey guys,

You're getting late into the event during "hell week", if you can swing a Wednesday instead and do Stay & Scream you'll be better off to do everything. @BriMan what do you recommend?

Yeah, that's getting into Hell Week territory. From then until the following Saturday, it's going to be heavily crowded. The good news is that it should be manageable, but you may hit some high wait times. You can probably get a lot done, but the night is going to be all about business. Stay & Scream will definitely help; and with it being well into the event, we should have better ideas of what houses are getting higher wait times. I'd probably do Soundstages last, personally.

Thanks for the feedback. Based on that, I'm guessing the difference would be substantial if we went the week before. Would Thursday, 10/13 make for a more relaxed evening?

For Hell Week calculation purposes, days school is out locally (main counties in media market):

10/13 - Seminole

10/14 - Orange/Osceola/Seminole

10/17 - Osceola/Lake

10/21- Volusia

10/28 - Orange

Looking like 10/13 -14 are going to be the worst, with that Sunday potentially busier as well (lot of local kids off that Monday morning--assuming Sundays can get any busier). Polk might be out that week as well, their schedule is difficult to follow. In any case, I think it's fair to call that "Hell Week."

For Hell Week calculation purposes, days school is out locally (main counties in media market):

10/13 - Seminole

10/14 - Orange/Osceola/Seminole

10/17 - Osceola/Lake

10/21- Volusia

10/28 - Orange

Looking like 10/13 -14 are going to be the worst, with that Sunday potentially busier as well (lot of local kids off that Monday morning--assuming Sundays can get any busier). Polk might be out that week as well, their schedule is difficult to follow. In any case, I think it's fair to call that "Hell Week."
Thanks for that. Based on this, 10/20 actually looks like a much safer bet to attempt without Express. I'm definitely nervous to go without Express at all, but I don't want to miss the event just because of that. Either way, it should be interesting. Thanks for the help!

Thanks for that. Based on this, 10/20 actually looks like a much safer bet to attempt without Express. I'm definitely nervous to go without Express at all, but I don't want to miss the event just because of that. Either way, it should be interesting. Thanks for the help!

Agreed, I think 10/13 has potential to be one of the busiest nights of the year. 10/20 will probably pull a lot from Deltona area, but not as bad as the three closest counties all being out the next day. If you can do S&S and stay until 2, should get most everything done. By then we'll know if any houses are skippable besides TWD as well so you can prioritize, make a game plan.

Agreed, I think 10/13 has potential to be one of the busiest nights of the year. 10/20 will probably pull a lot from Deltona area, but not as bad as the three closest counties all being out the next day. If you can do S&S and stay until 2, should get most everything done. By then we'll know if any houses are skippable besides TWD as well so you can prioritize, make a game plan.

We bought Express for one of the three nights we are attending when they first went on sale. The Express is for 10/13. You are making me seem really smart about now. :cheers: