Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Ended up pushing through the rain last night and after my friends all left around 10:30, we were able to complete 9 more house runs for a successful overall total of 18. It's so nice when the park is dead and the weather isn't 90 degrees.

What has been the first house open for Springfield S&S? Has it been Halloween consistently? Is Tomb open shortly after so can can queue right into it from the H2 exit? Is the first house for Finn's Ghost Town and then TWD? It appears there is huge demand for Kitty and AHS. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's consistently been Halloween. My friend is in that house and he sends me his set times. Tomb should open 15 minutes later. I think TWD is the one that opens first but they may have both houses open.

What has been the first house open for Springfield S&S? Has it been Halloween consistently? Is Tomb open shortly after so can can queue right into it from the H2 exit? Is the first house for Finn's Ghost Town and then TWD? It appears there is huge demand for Kitty and AHS. Thanks!

First house from Finns has been Exorcist and TWD. Ghost Town was staggered at least 20 minutes after release, probably 30.

I am sure it's been mentioned. It is there a recommended point of attack? Going this upcoming Saturday with express

Awesome, how's the seating there? Usually we grab a few pie's from Red Oven around 4 before heading into the S&S, is it mostly standing room only?
To me Lucy is the worst S&S. It's very cramped and you can sit but it's limited. I only did it to get AHS done with early. Diagon is super chill even tho the weakest house is right next to it.
Diagon>Simpsons>New York>Lucy

Thanks. Exorcist seems a bit of a hike from Finns considering how close FvJ was last year. Just a bit longer stampede I guess. ;)

They actually used a walking rope line, like at the end of a parade, to lead the masses there.

Speaking of hikes--I think it took us 10 minutes from the last scare in AHS until we were back on the street in front of Monsters Cafe.

Crowds Sunday were noticeably lighter even before the monsoon set in. Not sure if people were burned out by 2 nights already, or if no one knew first Sunday had an event this year.

Even with football on you could maneuver Finns with ease during S&S. Anecdotally I hear Lucy S&S was packed, with people waiting to release to AHS.

I honestly didnt know it was open until i went to bed very very late and was too late for me.
kinda wish i skipped saturday and went sunday instead, i dont think many people realized

They actually used a walking rope line, like at the end of a parade, to lead the masses there.

Speaking of hikes--I think it took us 10 minutes from the last scare in AHS until we were back on the street in front of Monsters Cafe.

Good to know thanks. That long walk after AHS make me want to consider saving it for end of night.

Good to know thanks. That long walk after AHS make me want to consider saving it for end of night.
When you're more tired and the lines longer? ;) The walk from AHS is ridiculous. I don't care how long or solid the house is. Makes me want to do it less.
Is this a real bar or just a beer cart?
A bar with blinky cups. :dance:

I don't think I've seen a more polarizing house than The Walking Dead. I've heard Tim & Jenn and others trash it. The OU fellas and some on here praise it. I didn't even include it on my top list even tho I walked through it because it doesn't deserve any more shine. It's passable, still doesn't hold a candle to End of Line. The fact that its remotely good after so many attempts does it really matter? So many other houses this year that deserve more attention and walk throughs than the same old tripe everyone complains about year after year.

If you want it gone. Stop visiting the house so much and singing its praise.

Saw a few WD better than Tomb ranks. :what: :faint:Shame on you.

Last edited:
Replying to this here from Review Thread.

As I've said before, I'm not really even close to being a horror fan, let alone a hardcore terror fan, but I do respect & understand the passion all of you have for HHN. Myself, I've only gone one year when I was down there (3 nights in 2013)and skipped it on my other vacations. But I'm not much into the houses, but I do enjoy the scare zones, lighting & effects ambiance, shows, and the fact I can finally spend a lot of night time in a Universal park and Diagon Alley in the evening. I bought two Rush of Fear passes and we'll probably spend parts of three or four nights at HHN, one of which will be Stay & Scream so I can do a couple quick houses. So, I've been reading the reviews since I'll probably just do 4 or 5 houses total, I hate waiting in lines. I'm narrowing down what 4 or 5, mostly through the reviews I'm reading. But, it seems the reviews are all over the place. Not a lot of unanimity except nearly everyone seems to hate Lunatic's Playground. So, I'll just keep reading and soldier on. I'll probably pop in HHN for three or four hours this coming Sunday evening for my first look. :):thumbsup:

I think that part of the problem is that at least personally there are 7 really good houses, an ok house, and a bad house. depending on how people feel about certain aspects or what they look for most in a house can cause those 7 to appear in many orders but I think it is more so a testament to the overall house quality this year. Overall I think this is the strongest house lineup that I have attended. Plus since you have rush it won't be that that busy. Plus if you stay & scream on a weekday its less busy so I would really recommend to try and at least see those 7. Also the originals are usually a walk on towards the end of the night. Also for a Sunday if you just want to go for a few hours go later since that night is busy early and clears late due to work/school.

I think it's sort of the opposite--with the exception of Chance, these are "B+ to C-" houses. None close to making 10 Best or 10 Worst of all time. A particular love for the property--be it AHS or Exorcist or cowboys--may put one over slightly, a bad run may knock one down slightly. But overall a parade of average.

This year seems so split in terms of people's reviews, I for one really enjoy this year and find it to be very strong. I actually prefer this year to last as blasphemous as that may be, ultimately I believe everyone is entitled to thier opinion (especially after spending 100 plus dollars some thing.) But I'm beginning to wonder if we've become so critical we forgotten to just have fun with this event. I know for sure I've been guilty of this.

This year seems so split in terms of people's reviews, I for one really enjoy this year and find it to be very strong. I actually prefer this year to last as blasphemous as that may be, ultimately I believe everyone is entitled to thier opinion (especially after spending 100 plus dollars some thing.) But I'm beginning to wonder if we've become so critical we forgotten to just have fun with this event. I know for sure I've been guilty of this.
I'm probably going to enjoy it more than last year too.