Westworld | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well that was odd... I'm not sure what to make of it. The repeat premise within the story takes a bit of getting used to. They actually use house flies as a story device.

In the end, it is a Jurassic Park kind of tale. Now they must stretch the hell out of it.

In the end, it is a Jurassic Park kind of tale. Now they must stretch the hell out of it.

I mean, technically this came first, Crichton just blatantly ripped himself off writing JP.

Beautifully filmed, amazing cast. (Ed Harris! Didn't know he was in this.) And hopefully can do a bit more than killer robots escape their paddock and wreak havoc. The idea that people take vacations where they can choose to rape and kill with impunity has some real potential to be explored. And the whole replicant/creator dynamic is more interesting than killer dinosaurs. That said, thinking this will be a slow burn kind of show.

I enjoyed the pilot, it was a great way of making us as tourists seem menacing rather than just the machinery. In the movie we only see them as machines, here we get a feel for them as individuals starting to recognize their reality isn't real. There's a whole lot of depth they have here, I'm excited to see them pull it off

Reactions: Scott W.
Its getting a lot of press in the UK. Looking forward to watching this, such a great cast
Same, should be a good watch at least to see what all the fuss is about!

I rewatched the show in the wee hours of the morning today. I believe Old Bill was just an actor in heavy makeup to make him look kind of plastic like. The first time I was too busy looking at Anthony Hopkins funny hair cut.

Who/what is Ed Harris's character? (please wait to answer this as the Brits want to watch it tonight, I think)

Too, I thought that only guests arrive on the choo choo. I don't understand why that isn't necessarily the case.

It is a very queer (orig. dictionary def.) show and story.

That was pretty great, I really enjoyed that. There was certainly a Jurassic Park vibe in there mixed with Grand Theft Auto and what people would do in a world with zero consequences. I know it's based on the Michael Crichton film who also wrote Jurassic Park.

I also loved the 'Paint It, Black' played by an orchestra when the people showed up on the horses and had the shoot out.

I'm very curious to see where this is heading.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Who/what is Ed Harris's character? (please wait to answer this as the Brits want to watch it tonight, I think)

Too, I thought that only guests arrive on the choo choo. I don't understand why that isn't necessarily the case.

Ed Harris is a human that really represents the worst of humanity. He's using Westworld to live out his most evil thoughts and desires.

Some non-guests arrive on the choo-choo too, if that's where their pre-programmed story loop begins.

Reactions: Scott W.