Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Legoland Florida

Glad you guys had a fun trip Izzy. Liek you guys we made our first trip there back and March and loved it and had almost the same experience minus the rain :lol: Between the play areas and the rides my little ones had the time of their lives, not to mention my oldest got her first wooden coaster experience as well and loved it :happy:

We almost upgraded our tickets to annual passes but knew we wouldn't be headed back again this year. Next year however I think we may go ahead and get the APs

Yeah I saw your trip review today and our experiences sounded very similar. Your oldest I think is a couple months older than my LO. Because of the rain and not getting there until 2, we didn't get to do everything. We didn't do any shows and only did one play area. So I know there will be plenty to do on the next trip. We are about an hour away, so not too bad. I still can't believe that wooden roller coaster was only 36", I guess I am so used to the kiddie ones in Uni and Disney I didn't even realize there were coasters out there like that for LOs. But now I just went to Kennywood's page and see the Jack Rabbit is 36" that is just insane. That coaster should not be 36". I remember as a 9 year old going on by myself that the restraint system sucked and I was scared to death of flying off that thing - lol

I guess Uni and Disney are more cautious with the roller coasters they allow LOs on. After looking at everything my LO could get on at some local parks I am really re-thinking my trip planned up north and may add Kennywood back in.

Yeah I saw your trip review today and our experiences sounded very similar. Your oldest I think is a couple months older than my LO. Because of the rain and not getting there until 2, we didn't get to do everything. We didn't do any shows and only did one play area. So I know there will be plenty to do on the next trip. We are about an hour away, so not too bad. I still can't believe that wooden roller coaster was only 36", I guess I am so used to the kiddie ones in Uni and Disney I didn't even realize there were coasters out there like that for LOs. But now I just went to Kennywood's page and see the Jack Rabbit is 36" that is just insane. That coaster should not be 36". I remember as a 9 year old going on by myself that the restraint system sucked and I was scared to death of flying off that thing - lol

I guess Uni and Disney are more cautious with the roller coasters they allow LOs on. After looking at everything my LO could get on at some local parks I am really re-thinking my trip planned up north and may add Kennywood back in.

I was surprised Coastersaurus has that short of a height limit also but was excited knowing my oldest was tall enough. She will be 3 in August and was around 37" at that point. We got there at park open and stayed until around 3 and didn't get to do everything either so plenty of things to look forward to next trip. My middle one is only 32" and she wasn't able to ride a whole lot just yet so we are hoping she has a little growth spurt by next spring :lol: To be honest my kids could have stayed in the play areas all day and been the happiest kids ever, i even had fun in the one across from the horse joust ride :lol:

Ive never been to Kennywood and always have wanted to.

I was surprised Coastersaurus has that short of a height limit also but was excited knowing my oldest was tall enough. She will be 3 in August and was around 37" at that point. We got there at park open and stayed until around 3 and didn't get to do everything either so plenty of things to look forward to next trip. My middle one is only 32" and she wasn't able to ride a whole lot just yet so we are hoping she has a little growth spurt by next spring :lol: To be honest my kids could have stayed in the play areas all day and been the happiest kids ever, i even had fun in the one across from the horse joust ride :lol:

Ive never been to Kennywood and always have wanted to.

I was very excited too. My daughter is 36" with the right shoes and turns 3 in December. I am hoping for a hug growth spurt so that this time next year she is 40" with the right shoes - lol

I grew up on Kennywood. Where do you live? Depending on where you are it would be worth a trip next year when both kids are over 36" to go to idlewild and kennywood in Pittsburgh. Idlewild has gotten the golden ticket award for years now as the best kids park. You could probably do two days in Idlewild and 1 day in Kennywood easily. There is also a great science center, amazing zoo, and a children's museum in Pittsburgh that are all worth seeing. I know I am bias growing up there, but being in other cities around the east coast, I really was lucky to grow up there and go to all those great places. One of the reasons why we will continue to visit there once a year and slowly take our LO to those things. But we have family to visit, so that is why we are spreading it out over the years, but for someone else, if you are within reasonable driving distance it would be worth it to do a long weekend and visit a couple of those places.

It was an empty plot of land before hand, not sure if it was used for storage or something but def no prior boat ride before lol.

I think it was a parking lot of some sort.

I was very excited too. My daughter is 36" with the right shoes and turns 3 in December. I am hoping for a hug growth spurt so that this time next year she is 40" with the right shoes - lol

I grew up on Kennywood. Where do you live? Depending on where you are it would be worth a trip next year when both kids are over 36" to go to idlewild and kennywood in Pittsburgh. Idlewild has gotten the golden ticket award for years now as the best kids park. You could probably do two days in Idlewild and 1 day in Kennywood easily. There is also a great science center, amazing zoo, and a children's museum in Pittsburgh that are all worth seeing. I know I am bias growing up there, but being in other cities around the east coast, I really was lucky to grow up there and go to all those great places. One of the reasons why we will continue to visit there once a year and slowly take our LO to those things. But we have family to visit, so that is why we are spreading it out over the years, but for someone else, if you are within reasonable driving distance it would be worth it to do a long weekend and visit a couple of those places.

I think it was a parking lot of some sort.

Im about 2-1/2 hours south of you in the West Palm Beach area :lol: Would be quiet the drive up there, although we talked about driving to see our family in North Jersey next year but that is up in the air

Im about 2-1/2 hours south of you in the West Palm Beach area :lol: Would be quiet the drive up there, although we talked about driving to see our family in North Jersey next year but that is up in the air

LOL that is funny. We vacation in West Palm all the time, so I know that trip well. We are driving up this year because we are stopping in Raleigh, Virgina, Maryland, New Jersey, Philly, Pittsburgh, Morgantown, WV and Atlanta. So flying did not make sense. We will be gone about 3 weeks for this trip though. We just decided to plan this trip, so we can see all of our friends and family. Next year we will plan a trip to see our California family and friends. For some reason several of our friends have moved out there and my husband already had a relative out there.

Do your kids like the beach too?

LEGOLAND will be adding another resort, this time across the road on the shores of another lake. The project name is "Project Oasis," but I can't find the docs talked about in the article on the SFWMD website, so...I know it is happening, though. I'm also waiting for the shoe to drop on the "other announcements" mentioned by the LEGOLAND spokesperson. I'm very interested in how they connect things across the road, especially if they get all the land they're eyeing.

Legoland plans resort separate from theme park | TheLedger.com

Huh, a little surprised. I honestly didn't think their first hotel was gonna do well, never mind an expansion for a second.

Is this where I mention my Father was offered to ski at Cypress Gardens back in the late 60s. I always hope anything that keeps that place going well. I got a lil piece of the old Boardwalk and Baseball down the road in Hot Springs.

Special Promotion on Legoland Annual Passes valid today only...

Our Cinco De Mayo Flash Sale Fiesta Has Begun! Buy One Awesomer Annual Pass, Get One FREE!* (Value $149)
How does 12 months of admission to LEGOLAND® Florida Resort, LEGOLAND Water Park, The Orlando Eye, Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Aquarium, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta, free parking and more sound?

It’s all included with the Awesomer Annual Pass, and this Cinco de Mayo, you can take advantage of a special deal! Buy one Awesomer Annual Pass and get a second one free!

To purchase, click here and enter the code 6043!

*Limited supply available. Must be activated at LEGOLAND Florida Resort by June 10, 2016. Maximum of 2 free Annual Passes per transaction. Offer valid for purchase of new Awesomer Annual Passes only.

This is interesting amidst all the other stuff today.

I looked up everything released that year. Only things that kind of make sense are Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Addams Family and the Munsters.

I went by Legoland yesterday, I had not heard they were building a solar farm. It was nice to see that they are doing this the right way as opposed to the one WDW just built. It doesn't take up any extra land and will provide covered parking. I assume that will end up being preferred parking, and if so shade in FL is a pretty nice added benefit.

I84GKp8l.jpg

lN1fDokl.jpg

thinking of going here with my 7 year old daughter next month. It seems the general consensus is that this is a great park for the kids. Any tips?

thinking of going here with my 7 year old daughter next month. It seems the general consensus is that this is a great park for the kids. Any tips?
One of the things I really like about this park is it's a little smaller and more relaxed than all the other big parks. There are a good number of what are basically kiddie rides. There are a few water rides as well as a water park so you might want to plan for a swimsuit if you decide to do that. Make sure to get some Apple Fries, they're across from the carousel near the entrance. The Island in the Sky is one of the original Cypress Gardens rides and makes for a nice way to see the layout of the park. Also make sure to go through the Cypress Gardens area, it's a nice way to get away from the park atmosphere and relax, the banyan tree is amazing!!