Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sneak Peak of Doctor Strange coming to One Man's Dream October 7

I wonder if something like this is payed for out of the movies promotional budget, and if so how that might affect the issue with the Universal contract. Perhaps it's a way for Disney to bend the rules slightly?
Things like that are how we end up with all the monorail wraps. The little Princess Elena show recently at MK for example was paid for by Disney Channel.

So it's very possible that you're on to something with that line of thinking.

Yeah... not sure what the rationale was (Other than movie promo).

Can't advertise it.... Can't mention anything. Hell, that's not even "Dr. Strange" at the M&G so....

Personally feel this is a good indication that those future Marvel/Disney rumors are pipedreams.
He did introduce himself as such.

I meant as far as signage and the like.
But do they really need that much signage? They had lots of little nods to the marvel Universe around him and it was obviously him. When watching Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire at MK (which I actually still haven't btw), you don't need signage to know that there's a show going on and maybe I want to go watch it. Sure there ARE small signs there, but no one really looks at those.

I see it as a streetmosphere type thing. It doesn't have to be advertised for people to know that a show is going on. People aren't THAT stupid. Especially being right at the exit of TSMM it will draw crowds.

But do they really need that much signage? They had lots of little nods to the marvel Universe around him and it was obviously him. When watching Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire at MK (which I actually still haven't btw), you don't need signage to know that there's a show going on and maybe I want to go watch it. Sure there ARE small signs there, but no one really looks at those.

I see it as a streetmosphere type thing. It doesn't have to be advertised for people to know that a show is going on. People aren't THAT stupid. Especially being right at the exit of TSMM it will draw crowds.

Yeah.... you give people too much credit. :lol:

But again... I meant it as Disney is not referring him to as Dr. Strange. It's actor dressed like a sorcerer that calls himself that... if that makes sense.

from what i understand is Disney can use any marvel character that is not tied to the avengers or xmen so gotg and dr strange is fine until the appear in a avengers movie.So any minor marvel character is basically fine you might even see squirrel girl start to appear i hope.

Wasn't this M&G mentioned in the same DPB post that mentioned the movie preview? Wouldn't that count as advertising? Also, is this on any maps or time guides?

Trying to get to the bottom of this. If anything this will be a nice learning experience.

Wasn't this M&G mentioned in the same DPB post that mentioned the movie preview? Wouldn't that count as advertising? Also, is this on any maps or time guides?

Trying to get to the bottom of this. If anything this will be a nice learning experience.

Im with you Mike, im not quick to open and shut the door on this. This is by far the most Disney has pushed a Marvel Character in WDW and I don't believe it was just a wink.

They could have set him up in front of OMD which has Dr. Strange posters all around it. Would that have made a difference? If its just a meet and great could they then create a full on M&G like Belle sans "Marvel...Dr. Strange'

I'm not sure about the Blog Post (I don't think so tho), but as far as maps and stuff go, nope. Not on maps, times guides, MDX app, nothing. But with so many people consistently exit from TSMM, I think crowds will still be there for this no matter what.

This is by far the most Disney has pushed a Marvel Character in WDW and I don't believe it was just a wink.
Funny you mention a wink...

0WsxFPF.jpg

Doesn't matter who paid for it, can't have Marvel in parks. Universal is looking into this and Disney has plans to pull the signage soon.

Universal is looking into this and Disney has plans to pull the signage soon.
That's quite the PR response.

I'll remain in the camp of "wait and see". What happens either way I don't really care, but being so 100% this CANT happen is not my type of thinking. Open minds leads to more creativity.

That's quite the PR response.

I'll remain in the camp of "wait and see". What happens either way I don't really care, but being so 100% this CANT happen is not my type of thinking. Open minds leads to more creativity.

He's not saying it can't happen, because obviously it did. Just saying we've received intel that it crossed a line apparently and it's being addressed.