Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Last of Us: Part 2

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been officially unveiled that the next installment to one of the most popular titles of the PS3 generation; "The Last of Us" will be receiving a brand new sequel named as "The Last of Us: Part Two".

The game will be the long awaited sequel to the classic action/adventure/horror title with Naughty Dog (Developer of Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter and The Last of Us) as no release date has been given.

What do you think of the story continuing with Joel and Ellie? Are you excited to see how they leave off of the original title? Have you even played The Last of Us? Comment below!!

giphy.gif

And to top it off, some additional information has come out..
  • Much like in TLoU where Joel was the Main Protagonist, Ellie will be taking that mantle as the main character of the new sequel
  • The sequel will be taking place about six years after the first game
  • Ellie will be nineteen years old
  • Gustavo Santaolalla will be composing the music once again
  • The game has been in development for two years
  • A new rendition of the theme was played with the first official bits of Conceptual art shown off publicly
sHfNgq7vjknuWdWLC2kiMW-650-80.png

UHCgnekaacBKzjpra6x4ZT-650-80.png

vWXANTRLwrq4JVCfG5FfqW-650-80.png

So hype. I just recently started replaying the Last of Us for the third time so the timing of this news is perfect. Second favorite game of all time behind Zelda Ocarina of Time
I think i've played through it 4 times (I've beat it on every difficulty level) and i'm about to play through for a 5th time when I finally get the remastered version for PS4. This is easily my favorite game i've ever played.

TLOU is my favourite ever videogame and I am so excited for this sequel!

The following is pure speculation on my part about the sequel, but please don't read it if you've not played the original, or just want to go in to the sequel without any pre-existing ideas of what may have occurred between the 1st and 2nd games

I believe that Joel is already dead, most likely murdered by the fireflies because of his actions at the end of the first game. Ellie is hunting the fireflies down in revenge.

TLOU is my favourite ever videogame and I am so excited for this sequel!

The following is pure speculation on my part about the sequel, but please don't read it if you've not played the original, or just want to go in to the sequel without any pre-existing ideas of what may have occurred between the 1st and 2nd games

I believe that Joel is already dead, most likely murdered by the fireflies because of his actions at the end of the first game. Ellie is hunting the fireflies down in revenge.

I would argue that since we clearly hear Joel in the trailer, he isn't dead..but, that leaves into something else.

I'm going to take a quick jab at what will be happening..

I believe that from what the Trailer teased, Fireflies are still around. In-fact, I have a feeling that they have been wanting to find Ellie for experimentation and to hunt down Joel due to the fact that he killed Queen Firefly herself; Marlene. And that what we see from the trailer is when Ellie and Joel get attacked by something much worse than David, and that it's apart of the fireflies regime.

Although, it could be a situation like the original announcement trailer of TLoU where it wasn't in the game, but I don't think they'd be doing that and to go more in the terms of Uncharted 4 in when it revealed Drake..

I’m usually a ‘one and done’ guy with video games, but I’m currently halfway through a 4th play through of TLOU and it truly is the GOAT. Looking forward to seeing new reveals on the sequel today.

I still stand by my
Joel is a Tyler Durden theory
from the first trailer.

Last edited:
I am so, so excited for this game. I've played through three times and as @amityboattours stated I'm the same - usually one and done. This game just gets me and delivers everything I want it to do. Naughty Dog can do no wrong by me, though, especially in recent years. Uncharted 4 was a masterpiece too. I think TLOU2 has so much to live up to but I am confident the studio can improve upon it. As for the fate of Joel, I would prefer whatever the fate is to occur within the game, rather than have happened already.

Well.. this looks amazing.
I love that they appear to have included a ‘dodge’ feature in the combat now and was really surprised when Ellie hid under a vehicle too. I think both will add a lot to how you look at taking groups of people on. The music was incredible too. I just need a release date now, so I can book a few days off work and drink this in like a fine wine!

Just seen the new trailer. Wow. I don't even know what to say about that other than incredible.

I love how the game seems to be cranking up the brutality from Paris Games Week in my eye's, along with the Pride moment with Ellie and her new mate (which, I think was well written). Can't wait to see more of this game in my opinion, as it looks great.

This has prompted me to play through the first yet again.

I can definitely see the girlfriend getting the axe too, unfortunately. That works is just that brutal. The killings are unbelievably visceral but it is all part of the immersion for me. It makes it feel more real and desperate and it’s what draws me to the title. That raw emotion. You feel like you’re on a journey with the characters. Naughty Dog have such a good way of making you feel that

The highly anticipated sequel to the PS3 classic, The Last of Us, will be having a special media event on September 24th.

It's expected the game will release in the early portion of the year, as excitement is abound for the return of Joel and Ellie's journey. Previously, gameplay has been revealed at E3, with footage and material related to the game shown off at other circuits.