Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks: The Boss Baby (2017)

May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea
the-baby-boss-dreamworks.jpg

Alec Baldwin voicing the titular bigwig in diapers, and Jimmy Kimmel and Lisa Kudrow playing the parents, Boss Baby is told through the eyes of a 7-year-old boy whose life is turned upside-down by the arrival of a new brother. The catch is that the little cutie can talk and do plenty of other things, like carry a briefcase and order everyone else around. Eventually, the two bros team up to take on the evil Puppy Co., which is filling the world with baby dogs and taking the spotlight away from humans.

Boss Baby has been sent by Baby Corp. to investigate an evil plot of PuppyCo., to put babies out of business in favour of pets. He spouts businessese: “Think outside the box,” “If you think you can, or if you think you can’t — you’re right,” a Henry Ford dictum. When their parents are captured, however, the siblings finally pull together.

Filmed slated for March 2017.

I really hope this isn't how Comcast will treat DWA. DWA has been talking about becoming a filmmaker-driven studio and got Edgar Wright + Jason Reitman to commit to making movies there. I hope Comcast tries to trend that way.

its a good thing that Comcast bought dream-works bc between this and other bad ideas i heard dream-works was going under and they made 3 really good franchises.

All I hear is Alec Baldwin. This looks like a film that deserves nothing better than a January release (ie. where films go to die). I'll be really surprised if this movie is successful/well-received.

Yet another DreamWorks flick that would take a miracle to crack over $400 million. Maybe Larrikins will be the shot in the arm the company desperately needs. :bored:

It was smart marketing more than anything. For the first time it actually made me want to see the movie. Not sure about shots fired, it was more a hilarious opener to the trailer.

Boss Baby is the first viable animated film since Sing and it's Spring Break... not too surprising. Should hold up nice with Easter vacations still to come.

Boss Baby is the first viable animated film since Sing and it's Spring Break... not too surprising. Should hold up nice with Easter vacations still to come.
I mean... LEGO Batman Movie and Beauty and the Beast came out. But I get your point.