Disney World Trip 2017 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney World Trip 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My family has always been huge Disney fans and I've gone to Disney World over 10 times since I was seven years old. I am starting to plan my first trip on my own and I was wondering if anyone could give me a guide on the best time to go.

I've always wanted to go for the Christmas season which would be around the second week of December for my availability. Is this a really hectic time to go? In the past, I've gone in July which was ridiculously hot and I've also gone in October which was great. I know in the first few months of the New Year it's the down season I believe but I don't want to go when my favourite rides will be closed for refurbishments.

I would greatly appreciate the suggestions! Thank you!

My family has always been huge Disney fans and I've gone to Disney World over 10 times since I was seven years old. I am starting to plan my first trip on my own and I was wondering if anyone could give me a guide on the best time to go.

I've always wanted to go for the Christmas season which would be around the second week of December for my availability. Is this a really hectic time to go? In the past, I've gone in July which was ridiculously hot and I've also gone in October which was great. I know in the first few months of the New Year it's the down season I believe but I don't want to go when my favourite rides will be closed for refurbishments.

I would greatly appreciate the suggestions! Thank you!

If you want Christmas then that is an excellent time to go. The first part of the month is a slower time so as near the 1st as you can make it the better but no earlier than the 5th.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As Joe Camel said, that time in December is a good time. October has become a busy month the last two years, mostly due to the newer Fall school breaks & the popularity of Halloween, so you probably want to avoid October.

Yep, the first two weeks of December are the sweet spot where it's slow enough to enjoy and still get to see/do all the Christmas stuff. Just a word of warning that the days when there is no Christmas party at night tend to be very busy and the days with no party are nice and quiet.

The refurb schedules are usually posted a couple months in advance. If none of your favorites are down during that time, it'll be a lot cheaper and calmer.

Also, don't buy into all of the on-site hype from the Disney community. I got myself into a rut thinking that I couldn't fully enjoy the resort (well Tokyo's anyways) if I didn't stay on-site. It'll be a blast either way!