Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you guys are on a roll today with great ideas. Another :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. ....I'm going to play that for my GF when she gets home from work today. She'll be in tears for sure.

Just avoid tumblr if you decide to read up about that video.

MickeyXtreme has a new batch of VB shots. Why does the lazy river just stop at a dead end? Am I missing something?

As the others said, need to move heavy vehicles and equipment in and out of the centre.

More Mickey Xtreme photos too so as always thought I would embed the large versions as they deserve it! Enjoy:

C12GMtdXUAAbONo.jpg:large
C12GOjkWIAEg0_7.jpg:large
C12G8MuW8AAEA8x.jpg:large
C12G_B0WQAIiKEp.jpg:large
C12HEEmXEAA6FNt.jpg:large
C12HKRVXEAE_js_.jpg:large
C12HuEEWEAEjQxY.jpg:large
C12HvahWgAAU1kz.jpg:large
C12Hxh8WgAAfkNj.jpg:large
C12Hzj_XEAAt3eu.jpg:large
C12ItXsXEAAVmyd.jpg:large
C12IumoWgAM9S1M.jpg:large
C12IwscXgAEkmTZ.jpg:large
C12IxzSXUAUa0dn.jpg:large

Not sure if I saw it on here or on twitter, but someone said they heard rumblings about some slides being tested already.. I guess we now know which one it is:

View attachment 3530
With a drop dead opening date of June 1st, tickets & reservations already sold, I'd guess there will be soft openings in advance of that date for sure. April or May soft opening, no doubt.

Reactions: SeventyOne
With a drop dead opening date of June 1st, tickets & reservations already sold, I'd guess there will be soft openings in advance of that date for sure. April or May soft opening, no doubt.

The biggest obstacle I see left (obstacles meaning longer term construction left), is finishing the Volcano, and I'm confident they will have it done in time. It looks like most buildings are done and need only to be finished on the inside (which we can't see), and any painting/theming (sorry in advance @epcyclopedia for the term) on those buildings. Walkways / landscaping could happen within weeks for the entire property. A few slides / play areas are left, but those are pre-fabricated and are basically giant lego sets.

The biggest obstacle I see left (obstacles meaning longer term construction left), is finishing the Volcano, and I'm confident they will have it done in time. It looks like most buildings are done and need only to be finished on the inside (which we can't see), and any painting/theming (sorry in advance @epcyclopedia for the term) on those buildings. Walkways / landscaping could happen within weeks for the entire property. A few slides / play areas are left, but those are pre-fabricated and are basically giant lego sets.
Yeah. Kind of reminds me of Sapphire when I walked by it in mid May. It's about the same look. Looked like a ton of work to get completed for six weeks away from opening. But they got 95% of it done on time. VB still has 20 weeks until their drop dead date, so there's plenty of time.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Status
Not open for further replies.