Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Kind of reminds me of Sapphire when I walked by it in mid May. It's about the same look. Looked like a ton of work to get completed for six weeks away from opening. But they got 95% of it done on time. VB still has 20 weeks until their drop dead date, so there's plenty of time.

True, I remember being one of the SF doubters, I may have even posted as much, they cut it tight but they did get the job done. Like @Mad Dog says I see also see a similar situation here

I just noticed something very interesting. It seems that the backside of the Volcano will be kept open. I don't know how I missed this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 7.44.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 7.44.14 PM.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 72
I'm slowly coming out of my annual post-HHN hiatus from the forums and I want to thank @Dan B and @scott_walker for all the updates over the past couple of months.

No problems, I extend the thanks to everyone else that contributes here, up to now it has been fascinating watching the site develop and some of the knowledge some people have from closer links to the parks have been invaluable to working out some of the development of the park before things have been announced.

Not sure if I saw it on here or on twitter, but someone said they heard rumblings about some slides being tested already.. I guess we now know which one it is:

View attachment 3530

Yeah I linked Mickey Xtremes twitter post a couple days back where he says he has heard that testing has begun on one of the slides, I too assumed it would be those slides considering the length of time they have nearly been complete.

Reactions: Joel
One can't even compare SF construction to VB. I don't see this opening up in April. There's still a bunch left to do. The slides also need to be tested for safety. It's much more than having it "look" ready. When SF opened it was a mess because it was rushed.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I know a lot of people are wondering if this will be ready in time, and it will. If you look closely at some of these recent aerials, you can see that plumbing/pipe work is pretty much complete and that they have actually start to place sand in some areas for landscaping. Most of the rock work has been installed and the Volcano itself is already covered with rock work, not painting however. All of the infrastructure and more difficult construction jobs have been complete with only props and skins to be added.

I'm slowly coming out of my annual post-HHN hiatus from the forums and I want to thank @Dan B and @scott_walker for all the updates over the past couple of months.

I've done a few but @Dan B is doing God's work here and everybody appreciates the effort!

I was showing my dad some updates earlier and I think VB is going to be the thing that gets him and my mum back to Orlando. He sounded almost giddy talking about the water coaster and I've sold my mum on the idea of staying next door at CBBR with the lazy river and refillable diet coke.

I'm really afraid that the "third theme park" marketing is gonna backfire on them.

Nah, it's worked for Disney for years, If they can call 6 parks then Ive no problem with Uni calling 3.

I've always seen the "4 parks. 1 world" advertising. I haven't really heard as blatant Disney calling it "6 parks"

2 "water parks" have always seemed to be an add on for them.

All the Euro/UK ads for WDW refer to 6 parks.
This difference is that Uni is bringing this UK marketing over to the US. The US market isn't used to Water Parks being referred to as a theme park.

Generally the two are referred to as separate entities.

My big concern is people feeling ripped off. It already happens with some of the less informed guests and generally at this point, it's their own fault. This is kinda Universal's own advertisement.

Of course Potter got people confused with the "theme park within a theme park thing", but again it wasn't quite as much of a stretch...

Status
Not open for further replies.