Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

was anyone really asking for VoTLM? Maybe when the original concept featured a E-ticket Omni.

Yes they were and this was amplified when they released the original ride-through concept as a bonus feature on the 2007 DVD release.

im a little confused by this OK the small area being but by rock n coaster i though that was built so they could move the cheerleader competitions there but now im hearing its being used for something called club villain so does that mean the show is here to stay for a good while

im a little confused by this OK the small area being but by rock n coaster i though that was built so they could move the cheerleader competitions there but now im hearing its being used for something called club villain so does that mean the show is here to stay for a good while
Club Villain is only once a weeks (Saturdays) for a few hours and is a upcharge event. No matter how much longer VotLM stays, this new theatre never was a factor in it staying or going.

That specific building will be staying, unlike the buildings next to it which house One Man's Dream and the former Sparrow/Narnie exhibits, which will be bulldozed for better guest-flow.

Just watched Temple of Doom for the first time, how the hell have they not made he mine cart scene a ride yet? You literally already have a queue idea, The temple thing, and it was literally a roller coaster. The exit could be the rope bridge and it makes you feel like your 500 feet up. If you have the station high up so you can right into the action and not have a lift hill, then end up about 40 feet lower where you get off and a chain lift brings the cars back up to the top. Easily can fit it in the stunt arena area. Would be amazing

Just watched Temple of Doom for the first time, how the hell have they not made he mine cart scene a ride yet? You literally already have a queue idea, The temple thing, and it was literally a roller coaster. The exit could be the rope bridge and it makes you feel like your 500 feet up. If you have the station high up so you can right into the action and not have a lift hill, then end up about 40 feet lower where you get off and a chain lift brings the cars back up to the top. Easily can fit it in the stunt arena area. Would be amazing
You kind of answered your own question. Disney is now very IP driven. You never watched (and it's an excellent movie) Temple of Doom until now. The IP is no longer what is once was, when Disney built Indiana Jones attractions in Disneyland, foreign parks and debuted the Indiana Jones stage show in DHS. The old Disney might have built this. The new Disney is popular IP only. Indy is old news.

You kind of answered your own question. Disney is now very IP driven. You never watched (and it's an excellent movie) Temple of Doom until now. The IP is no longer what is once was, when Disney built Indiana Jones attractions in Disneyland, foreign parks and debuted the Indiana Jones stage show in DHS. The old Disney might have built this. The new Disney is popular IP only. Indy is old news.

Sad, but true.

Edit.

wanted to add a caveat to the rule, Avatar is not a popular IP and they chucked $1bn+ at it,
I like to call it the Potter effect .

They almost did. When they were originally planning the Indiana Jones Adventure for Disneyland, it was actually supposed to be two attractions in one: the EMV jeep ride we all know and love today (like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom), and a runaway mine cart coaster.

Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition:
PiZszpb.jpg

They almost did. When they were originally planning the Indiana Jones Adventure for Disneyland, it was actually supposed to be two attractions in one: the EMV jeep ride we all know and love today (like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom), and a runaway mine cart coaster.

Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition:
PiZszpb.jpg

That looks awesome (not seen this concept before) Far better than their feeble effort at DLP.

Yeah old news. That's why the last movie made tons of cash and now there's plans for another one in two years that'll probably make close to a billion dollars. Indy is still relevant.

I recently watched Temple of Doom again for the first time in awhile and I thought the exact same thing.

It's a shame Temple of Doom itself isn't half as good as those few scenes. I guarantee i'll get flack for this, but Temple is last if I were to rate the Indy films... yes, behind Crystal Skull.

The Indy ride at DLP was pretty lame but it was nice to see it represented there in ride form. I'd still take it over the tired stunt show.

If we ever want to see further Indy attractions at WDW, we had better hope that INDY V is not only financially successful, but also warmly received in a way KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL wasn't.

If we ever want to see further Indy attractions at WDW, we had better hope that INDY V is not only financially successful, but also warmly received in a way KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL wasn't.
George Lucas isn't going to be involved (after rumors of him being on board) so that's a good thing. Spielburg blamed a lot of the plot holes in Crystal Skull (and the oddities of the movie) on changes that George insisted on making.

George Lucas isn't going to be involved (after rumors of him being on board) so that's a good thing. Spielburg blamed a lot of the plot holes in Crystal Skull (and the oddities of the movie) on changes that George insisted on making.

I wouldn't say that he's blamed George (I think he's actually taken care to not throw Lucas under the bus, as they're incredibly close friends), but his comments about CRYSTAL SKULL absolutely say to me that he's aware what the problems with that movie are. Which is a good sign for V.

While not ads warmly received as the others, Crystal Skull was still received by mostly positive reviews (78% on RT).

While not ads warmly received as the others, Crystal Skull was still received by mostly positive reviews (78% on RT).

This is true, but there's absolutely an element of "wanting the movie to be good" influencing those critical reactions based on seeing the film for the first time. I thought it was a good movie when I saw it the first time, too; years later, I don't care for it at all. I think the consensus today is - generally - that it's not great.

This is true, but there's absolutely an element of "wanting the movie to be good" influencing those critical reactions based on seeing the film for the first time. I thought it was a good movie when I saw it the first time, too; years later, I don't care for it at all. I think the consensus today is - generally - that it's not great.
I agree. It doesn't hold up to a repeat viewing. And repeat viewings are the real standard of quality, just like in a theme park attraction. Example: I could watch The Godfather, and have, dozens of times, and the movie continues to come across as great.

I agree. It doesn't hold up to a repeat viewing. And repeat viewings are the real standard of quality, just like in a theme park attraction. Example: I could watch The Godfather, and have, dozens of times, and the movie continues to come across as great.

Absolutely. Or also, you know, the first three Indiana Jones movies, which are endlessly rewatchable. CRYSTAL SKULL is damned by the standards of its own franchise.