Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news! We'll be there May 24 - June 4, and i sure as hell was hoping for this when booking.

Anyone know if there are sight lines of the volcano Krakatau from The Hideaway? i can see myself chilling out with many brews watching water/lava while the wife and kid float around the Lazy River. i've never been to the second floor - maybe time for that if the views allow! :p

I'm going to be at the resort with my family on the weekend of May 6th but I can change that to the weekend before the official grand opening. I was wondering if softs do happen, would it be better for me to change my plans to go the weekend before the grand opening or should I keep my reservations as is? I didn't knowif they may stop any soft opening from going on the weekend before to get ready for the media preview? I don't remember what they have done in the past and was wondering if anyone new. I know that softs might not even happen at all if they get behind but if any experts on here knew how they worked in the past it would me much apprechiated advise.

Universal will have a plan for their soft openings, however I did a bit of digging last night as to what other parks have done in the past.

Aquatica opened on april 8th, and soft opened a good 5 weeks before in March 1st.

IOA Grand Opening was May 28th and softs started at the end of March.

If you are there for the 2-3 weeks prior to the grand opening I would hazard a guess softs would definitely be happening, but what is unclear is how they will prioritise access (e.g. Resort guests, TMs and APs etc) and whether they will have a general public soft event.

I'm none of the above and leave for the UK on May 21st, so I'm hoping for general public softs the week or so before grand opening. Failing that, a good old booking.com Cabana Bay room is £120 for one night the week of the 15th May at a refundable rate. Might pre-book one in anticipation of any resort guest softs as I can always cancel.

As Brandon has said UOTeam website has a statement saying TMs will be AMOUNG the first to preview the park so that indicates they will announce a full soft opening preview when they have some idea that this place will be done and ready to go!

Looking like Universal & Disney are dueling big time to one up each other on their blockbuster openings (VB versus Pandora). Disney is reportedly diverting workers from other projects to get Pandora done quicker. My guess is that Universal will push for the earliest soft opening timetable they can achieve so they can beat Disney to the finish line & reap the publicity bonanza.

Looks like they will build the temple into the mountain to look like the lava/ash engulfed it. Should be cool. I think they have plenty of experience installing the rock forms and covering it that the rest of the base should zip by once the scaffold is out of the way.

Looking like Universal & Disney are dueling big time to one up each other on their blockbuster openings (VB versus Pandora). Disney is reportedly diverting workers from other projects to get Pandora done quicker. My guess is that Universal will push for the earliest soft opening timetable they can achieve so they can beat Disney to the finish line & reap the publicity bonanza.

More so push it so they can have it soft and getting attention a day after Pandora opens.

I was hoping for a last week of March soft opening to tie it into a 3 three day Disney Cruise. But we backed off on the whole trip cause we didn't want to miss on Volcano Bay.

Now we plan of either 2018 spring break with a 3 day cruise or using Orlando as a launch point to London for Europe vacation.

With planning, we have done lots of renovation to or 15 year old home bringing it up to date by using reward cards and the their huge bonuses. We pulled off each getting enough points on Southwest cards that qualify us both for companion passes for this year and next. Soe we have tons of points and kids fly free till end of 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.