Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

I think this along with Frozen shows a complete lack of confidence in the idea. They're cutting corners by reusing the building and ride system. I get the impression if they had a truly get and inspired attraction, it would be built from the ground up, not compromised to work around an already existing ride.
It would've been better ground up in Disneyland's Tomorrowland, just different architecture.

There's some pictures of this on Mice Age today. There's a section of the new tower that's exposed. It does not look very pretty. It's really garish & cheap looking. Hope the remainder of the building looks better.

Big difference on what needed to be changed though.

Agreed, with FEA they had to work on every section of the attraction. With Guardians it's more of a redressing, of the exterior, lobby and pre show room. (That big boiler room load area? Pretty much staying intact.) An' since reprogramming the drop program is quick and easy enough, the thing that's honestly taking the most time is the exterior. An' already I can't not see a bunch of clothespins near the top of the building.

http://micechat.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/IMG_8374.jpg

I'm really disappointed with the color scheme, at least for now!
The colors are too bright, lacks of details and depth!
I've rather imagined rusty sheets of metal to cover the facade, to keep the patina of the original building !

It looks like a giant contemporary artist realisation you can found at the "Centre Pompidou" in Paris !

Or a colored version of the transformers building in UOR (Okay, I'm exaggerating)

http://micechat.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/IMG_8374.jpg

I'm really disappointed with the color scheme, at least for now!
The colors are too bright, lacks of details and depth!
I've rather imagined rusty sheets of metal to cover the facade, to keep the patina of the original building !

It looks like a giant contemporary artist realisation you can found at the "Centre Pompidou" in Paris !

Or a colored version of the transformers building in UOR (Okay, I'm exaggerating)

wow.. this just went from a slap-in-the-face to ToT, to something way worse.. I don't even know what

THIS IS FUGLY

5 months for this compared to the almost 2 years for Frozen is a huge leap forward.
The two projects are nowhere near comparable.

Frozen was a complete gutting of everything in the building besides the track (actually they added track too) for a completely different ride that was retrofitted for that space.

GOTG is just a new paint scheme, overhauled queue and some slight changes to theme elements to the ride. They also advertised the final months of ToT as a "Blackout" version where they ran the ride virtually in the dark... because if the lights were on you'd see the place was torn up already for GOTG. There's also nothing complex about GOTG. It'll be pretty much just like riding ToT except with a lot more 70's rock music.

Frozen was a complete gutting of everything in the building besides the track (actually they added track too) for a completely different ride that was retrofitted for that space.

GOTG is just a new paint scheme, overhauled queue and some slight changes to theme elements to the ride. They also advertised the final months of ToT as a "Blackout" version where they ran the ride virtually in the dark... because if the lights were on you'd see the place was torn up already for GOTG. There's also nothing complex about GOTG. It'll be pretty much just like riding ToT except with a lot more 70's rock music.
I thought the Blackout version only happened at night though? Like they thought that would be an added bonus or something.

Even so, it still shows that Disney can move quickly when they want to.