Orlando man Arrested for Attacking Flamingo at Busch Gardens | Inside Universal Forums

Orlando man Arrested for Attacking Flamingo at Busch Gardens

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just had a co-worker send me a link about this. Very depressing story... I can't even begin to fathom how this happened.

Most likely a drunk trying to compensate for the lacking inches of his manhood.... it's all I can come up with. Also I won't be surprised to hear the "mentally ill" excuse in court. I mean, we already know he is a nut, but not in a medical way, more like in a choice way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just guessing here, but assuming this was at Jambo Junction where the flamingos come right up to the fence for food from guests, it probably nipped at him because it thought he had food (guests get nipped all the time), and he took a harmless nip as an attack and went ballistic.

No matter what the case, I can't believe anyone would do that kind of harm to an animal.

SeaWorld Parks have released an official statement:

SeaWorld, the owner of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, and The Humane Society of the United States strongly condemn the cruel attack on a flamingo named Pinky at Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida, and will urge authorities to pursue the case with vigor. An Orlando man was arrested for picking up and throwing Pinky to the ground, and the flamingo was so badly injured that she had to be euthanized.

“SeaWorld will strongly urge prosecution in this case, and for any person who engages in this sort of cruel behavior towards animals,” said Joel Manby, president and CEO of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “Pinky was a beloved member of the Busch Gardens Tampa Bay family, and she will be sorely missed. Our Ambassador team members are appalled by this incident, and I am sure they share my view that our state must have a zero-tolerance policy for this kind of cruelty.”

Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The HSUS, added: “People who abuse animals often don’t stop there, and pose a violent risk to the rest of society. That’s why we’ve worked to fortify the legal framework across the country to punish malicious animal cruelty as a serious offense.”

[
I'm just guessing here, but assuming this was at Jambo Junction where the flamingos come right up to the fence for food from guests, it probably nipped at him because it thought he had food (guests get nipped all the time), and he took a harmless nip as an attack and went ballistic.

No matter what the case, I can't believe anyone would do that kind of harm to an animal.

They look so clumsy and harmless how could he think it was an attack? They can't possibly hurt people when they nip, or the park wouldn't allow the people to feed them

CNN said:
Anthony Corrao reaching into the flamingo pen, picking up one flamingo and putting it back down.
Then he grabbed Pinky and his mother told him to leave the birds alone, police said.
CNN said:
Corrao -- who was at the park with his mother, brother and three children
After he picked up one flamingo shouldn't his family be there to try and pull him away or calm him down? This is crazy.
Pinky the flamingo dies after attack at Busch Gardens - CNN.com

Yeeesh, the well known Teebin Sand Hill Crane's teen children pecked my hand so hard that I screamed. I just said "geeeez kids, I mean you no malice!". The parents were grand gentle giants of the avian world and I miss them terribly.