Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious to see if people will still just stare at the peacock and 'scrum' towards the ride as soon as it changes to be first, like people do at airports when gates are announced.

Humans love being humans.
Very true. And then people will complain when they go up but it wasn't the right color cause you know "the customer is always right."
Not even an hour after the ride soft opens. Disney sure knows how to attempt to minimize the attention given to its competitors.

God this is funny as hell lmao

Reactions: Mike S
IMG_6008.PNG This dude is harsh as hell. Saying bad stuff about all of it including the queue.
Edit: Initail reactions say it's very cheap and not entertaining. Dull and Boring

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S

I can't believe how bad that looks for literally being brand new. If only Universal put as much effort into the ride experience as the facades.

Edit: Looking again, the reason for the faux wood could be that this is on the moving platform.

I'll wait on @BriMan opinion once he rides as his review is one I can trust.

Last edited:
It looks like they ran out of money by the time they began building the actual ride theater, but everything else (facade, pre shows, queue) are A+.

This seems to be the general consensus. Ride is lame, but everything else is awesome.

They should have called this the "Tonight Show Experience". Because that's what it really is. From the first floor museum which is full of wonderful things, to the awesome lounge upstairs with interactive touchscreen tables, the the Ragtime Gals Show, the hashtag the panda show, the great moments montages from the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, and a decent ride that's more of a curtain call full of Tonight Show humor. It's a solid D-Ticket, and a great total experience. It's way better than Twister.

I'm not expecting much from the ride, but from those pictures seen from the theater, I'm not sure what y'all were expecting for a "tonight show" setting. It looks okay to me, especially as a filler attraction.

I'm really interested in seeing what the interior of the "queue" looks like.

I'm not expecting much from the ride, but from those pictures seen from the theater, I'm not sure what y'all were expecting for a "tonight show" setting. It looks okay to me, especially as a filler attraction.

I'm really interested in seeing what the interior of the "queue" looks like.

Everything I've seen of the interior on Twitter looks great.

The interior is Top Notch. I was on the same ride vehicle as ParkPass. We had significant delays getting a person of greater size into the vehicle. Which delayed the experience by 7 minutes. Rather than being patient of "technical rehearsal" aspect he decided to take his frustration out on the ride. Everything was well built. I would take his criticism with a grain of salt!

I thought it was a solid C-ticket. The ride movements feel exactly like Star Tours. I would describe this as Star Tours with a Soarin' screen with elements of Despicable Me and Simpsons. Like there's moments straight from both Despicable Me and Simpsons. I've ridden it twice and had a smile on my face both times.

The seats are cheap feeling though. I'll give Park Pass that. They're very hard and not comfortable at all. Everything else Park Pass says seems like they went in wanting to hate it. The queue entertainment is very entertaining.

Edit: Also want to add that the 3D is spectacularly done and the CGI is top notch. I'd say it's on par, if not better than the CGI for Kong.

Last edited: