Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To actually ask about to those who have ridden the attraction,

Will it be a hit?

Idealistically, Fallon may have the growing brand awareness, with the host starting to pop up on other places. But does his broader appearances outside the US guarantee a success for the attraction? Or will this just be an attraction that not a lot of people will get behind, but will appreciate what it is?

And more importantly, could the attraction be more easily updatable to accomodate an eventual replacement of the "host" slot?

I got an email of a post that you must've deleted, and it made real angry. Calling NYC a trash dump that should never have a ride based on it, Fallon is now racist, transphobic, and misogynistic. Said they shouldn't make their own rides anymore and hire a completely new team. Probably a troll but I seriously would like to have a conversation bout that

To actually ask about to those who have ridden the attraction,

Will it be a hit?

Idealistically, Fallon may have the growing brand awareness, with the host starting to pop up on other places. But does his broader appearances outside the US guarantee a success for the attraction? Or will this just be an attraction that not a lot of people will get behind, but will appreciate what it is?

And more importantly, could the attraction be more easily updatable to accomodate an eventual replacement of the "host" slot?

The entire attraction, not just the ride itself will be a hit as there are many many fans of late night, no matter who is the host. This was more of a way to get more people to visit the parks from inside the country, not like Nintendo that should bring outside visitors. Definitely updatable. They can literally change posters, the ride system and signage over night to accommodate another host if they wanted to.

The entire attraction, not just the ride itself will be a hit as there are many many fans of late night, no matter who is the host. This was more of a way to get more people to visit the parks from inside the country, not like Nintendo that should bring outside visitors. Definitely updatable. They can literally change posters, the ride system and signage over night to accommodate another host if they wanted to.

To be honest, I think that Late Night Talk Shows are becoming more and more popular, even with the politics and what-not affecting that in a way. But it's that Fallon seems very marketable for Comcast, as I am very fascinated to see how the popularity of the attraction goes. It sounds like the European markets are starting to get more of a word for Fallon, as I'm curious on the Spanish front down south of the US if that's happening over there as-well.

I have a strong feeling that this will become a one hit per visit kind of ride for myself. If it becomes that way for most people, I think Uni Creative will have reached its goal. It's something that will eat people, keep them entertained enough, and provide a fresh new ride for the area.

Whether we like it or not, the general public should eat this up. I think it's a good addition even amidst the conflict and even if I don't like it. Not everything is about my preferences. There's a bigger picture here that we, the knowledgeable, can sometimes forget.

I have a strong feeling that this will become a one hit per visit kind of ride for myself. If it becomes that way for most people, I think Uni Creative will have reached its goal. It's something that will eat people, keep them entertained enough, and provide a fresh new ride for the area.

Whether we like it or not, the general public should eat this up. I think it's a good addition even amidst the conflict and even if I don't like it. Not everything is about my preferences. There's a bigger picture here that we, the knowledgeable, can sometimes forget.

Bingo.

This is the D-ticket the park always needed.

This was created to alleviate the stress for the E-tickets (Mummy, RockIt, Transformers, MIB, Simps, Gringotts ET)
It's also a D-ticket that anyone can ride (Shrek & Minions are really for families with kids)

Bingo.

This was created to alleviate the stress for the E-tickets (Mummy, RockIt, Transformers, MIB, Simps, Gringotts ET)
It's also a D-ticket that anyone can ride (Shrek & Minions are really for families with kids)

To add to your point, haven't we been asking Uni for more family centered rides? This is the ideal in that regard. No, it's not "out-of-this-world" creatively speaking, but it does allow something for the whole family to do. Same with Minions and Shrek. Oh well that it doesn't suit you as an adult. It's ok to skip the ride and go do something else.

#biggerpicture

Reactions: Mad Dog
To add to your point, haven't we been asking Uni for more family centered rides? This is the ideal in that regard. No, it's not "out-of-this-world" creatively speaking, but it does allow something for the whole family to do. Same with Minions and Shrek. Oh well that it doesn't suit you as an adult. It's ok to skip the ride and go do something else.

#biggerpicture
Not quite. This still has a 40 inch height requirement.

Not quite. This still has a 40 inch height requirement.

I don't think 40 inch is that ridiculous. That's about the average 4 year old?

#biggerpicture

Another way of looking at the bigger picture would be that if this was the dark days before Comcast, Fallon either wouldn't have happened or this would be the big ride over a 2 year period.

Even if I end up riding this and thinking it's complete crap, it's still something new and different as I doubt I would have ever ridden Twister again.

I don't think 40 inch is that ridiculous. That's about the average 4 year old?

Another way of looking at the bigger picture would be that if this was the dark days before Comcast, Fallon either wouldn't have happened or this would be the big ride over a 2 year period.

Even if I end up riding this and thinking it's complete crap, it's still something new and different as I doubt I would have ever ridden Twister again.

Perfectly stated. It's hard to not become overly spoiled with the massive amount that we've been given in the last few years. I totally understand where people are coming from. I'm not negating opinions. Like you said, it could be much worse, or we could have gotten nothing at all.

Love it or hate it, it's fine. Neither side needs to bash the other for having their own opinion. It's theme park ride not the end of the world. :)

Reactions: anihilnation
Bingo.

Exactly! I really don't get the extreme dislike, seems like people don't understand that not everything is meant to be this huge hit, and that sometimes a little filler can be a good thing.

I really had zero interest in this ride from the beginning, I did not care for Twister, but was very discouraged by this idea of Comcast Synergy, a ride based on a host of a show. Having said that though, the exterior of Race looks amazing and the shop was much more fun than I thought it could be. I'm looking forward to riding now. Yes it might very well be a once in awhile thing, but so are many others, C, D rides need love to. Obviously won't be able to say for sure until I've been on it.

If this is a hit with the GP, could we see other possibilities in the New York area? Could the music plaza be themed to the Rockefeller Plaza, could Monsters Cafe turn into an SNL cafe/museum? As long as Mummy didn't turn into "The Today Show Experience" I would actually be fine with New York becoming a more cohesive area. Ultimately it could free up other elements to be used re-purposed in the new park.

I am currently at universal and I'm heading to Fallon. I passed by it earlier today but no soft openings were going on. So far, the exterior looks really nice.

I really had zero interest in this ride from the beginning, I did not care for Twister, but was very discouraged by this idea of Comcast Synergy, a ride based on a host of a show.

Just to play devil's advocate, Epcot had several of those kinds of rides. They all had different themes (Ellen and Energy) but they also heavily relied on their celebrity.

Just to play devil's advocate, Epcot had several of those kinds of rides. They all had different themes (Ellen and Energy) but they also heavily relied on their celebrity.

Yep, I didn't care for it there either. It was the "all ABC sitcoms had to go to Disney World" feel about it. It wasn't anything new, just something I would've preferred Uni/Comcast stay away from. However, with the look of the exterior and how it has improved (imo) the sight lines of that corner, maybe a little more Synergy in that corner isn't a bad thing. Of course I could end up hating the ride and wonder wth were they thinking, but at this point the exterior and queue description look/sound like a win.