Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

Good points. Soarin (a pure screen based simulator) is one of the most beloved of WDW attractions by Disney fans, even though it's in a park, Epcot, that has more screen based attractions then Universal Studios. If Universal put an "exact duplicate of Soarin" in Universal Studios, Disney fans would be tearing it apart on the internet. That's one of the main reasons I trust the reviews on this thread, that have been surprisingly pretty lopsided positive, than anything else I see on the internet (which is dominated by pro Disney, anti Universal posters). If anyone checks back they'll see that all the recent Universal ride attractions were trashed on the predominant Disney internet sites & You Tube when they opened . Forbidden Journey, Despicable Me, Transformers, Gringotts, Hogwart's Express, Kong, and now Race Through New York have been attacked with criticisms and venom. And that's a ride line up that, alone, is better than the ride line up any one of the three non Magic Kingdom WDW parks. Therefore, I pay no attention to the comments and reviews coming from any internet site not named Orlando United or Orlando Informer....And I emphasize a smiley here. :)

But isn't Soarin a different way of execution? Despicable Me, Fallon and Simpsons are nearly all the same attraction. And this is the upteenth new attraction to hand you 3D glasses. I think it's finding the variety in the presentation, not the actual details themselves.
That's not my point, though. My point is the Disney oriented site forum posters will complain about anything that is Universal. Fallon's got pretty decent reviews from this thread's posters who experienced it so far. (See my former tabulation and add the reviews since then). Just a handful of negative & mehs from the people that actually rode it.No prob here.:)

That's not my point, though. My point is the Disney oriented site forum posters will complain about anything that is Universal. Fallon's got pretty decent reviews from this thread's posters who experienced it so far. (See my former tabulation and add the reviews since then). Just a handful of negative & mehs from the people that actually rode it.No prob here.:)
its not surprising that this site which leans Universal is going to probably give it better reviews than say other theme park boards like the Dis or wdwmagic
for me i havent rode it but it looks fun

its not surprising that this site which leans Universal is going to probably give it better reviews than say other theme park boards like the Dis or wdwmagic
for me i havent rode it but it looks fun
People are pretty tough here too, though. A bit fairer too....Yes, I expect that from the Disney Boards, as you said. I just wanted to point out that we shouldn't expect positive reviews from them on any Universal attraction. Their history shows heavy bias, so we shouldn't really be concerned about their negative reviews since that's the way it's always going to be.

People are pretty tough here too, though. A bit fairer too....Yes, I expect that from the Disney Boards, as you said. I just wanted to point out that we shouldn't expect positive reviews from them on any Universal attraction. Their history shows heavy bias, so we shouldn't really be concerned about their negative reviews since that's the way it's always going to be.

I think I'm tougher on Universal than Disney but that's probably because I care more.

My overall impression on Fallon without riding is that it's pretty flawless except from the content. The facade, queue, the 3D, CGI, theatre movement and screen seem to all be perfected. As for Fallon himself, I think that depends on the person riding and Universal can only do so much.

I think I'm tougher on Universal than Disney but that's probably because I care more.

My overall impression on Fallon without riding is that it's pretty flawless except from the content. The facade, queue, the 3D, CGI, theatre movement and screen seem to all be perfected. As for Fallon himself, I think that depends on the person riding and Universal can only do so much.
Exactly, a beautiful location is going to be beautiful no matter what (Soarin)...Humor and likability is subjective...I still wish they would have done an NBC experience ride with Fallon as the host...Almost like a grown-up Jimmy Neutron or Hannah Barbera

Exactly, a beautiful location is going to be beautiful no matter what (Soarin)...Humor and likability is subjective...I still wish they would have done an NBC experience ride with Fallon as the host...Almost like a grown-up Jimmy Neutron or Hannah Barbera

Plus, the attraction can be completely re-shot and reprogrammed with a new theme. The building and ride system can support anything.

I'm so confused about Eliminate Standby and the Virtual Queue

Edit: Another shot

I'm not sure I understand what's really going on here. Is Universal running the virtual queue system? If so, what the hell are these people doing? Waiting for their return time, or waiting to get a return time?

Or is the virtual queue not running yet?

I'm not sure I understand what's really going on here. Is Universal running the virtual queue system? If so, what the hell are these people doing? Waiting for their return time, or waiting to get a return time?

Or is the virtual queue not running yet?
I don't know but Finn's was packed 4 deep at the bar a couple of hours ago. Looked like HHN hold.

One last thing I wanted to say about the ride. The main experience is absolutely unoriginal in execution and a missed opportunity to have done something so much better with a slightly larger budget. I really was envisioning this idea that we start out in a replica of studio 6B with some musion effects to sell the ilusion. The ride would then transition by lifting the theater up like Simpsons to the main dome where it feels like we're now flying through the roof of 30 Rock.

The end result is nowhere as good as this, even the motion base is really tame! So like everyone's saying with Uni's latest (and upcoming F&F) offerings, go in with low expectations and you'll likely enjoy it more.

P.S. My experience on Thursday was nothing like today with the Virtual Queue. Everything went flawlessly with the kiosk/return fastpass approach.