Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Any chance at a Belko Project house? I bet that would be pretty easy to throw together

Any chance at a Belko Project house? I bet that would be pretty easy to throw together

There's definitely a house in that concept - Howl-O-Scream had "Corporate Hell" (or some similar title) with that premise. For better or worse, Belko isn't a priority for synergy - it's being released through Blumhouse Tilt, Blumhouse's self-distribution outfit. It's typically used for niche, independent films that wouldn't otherwise see a substantial theatrical release. (Think early days of Miramax.)

Now, if A&D were interested in the property, I'm sure they could get their hands on it. Then again, they could probably make their own version of a "Corporate Hell" house (see Event Horizon > Interstellar Terror, etc.) if they wished. Some might relish an opportunity to collab with James Gunn, though.

Belko Experiment isn't happening for the same reason Get Out and Split won't: the lineup is probably final and marketing wouldn't have known how popular it would be a few months ago. It's not going to do well at the box office and will be lucky to make more than 10 million total.

I'm just curious on average how early are the lineups finalized and how often are the houses leaked? When do insiders usually uncover the finalized lineups?

I'm just curious on average how early are the lineups finalized and how often are the houses leaked? When do insiders usually uncover the finalized lineups?
Generally before January is my understanding.

Generally before January is my understanding.

Any thing said before January is 99% planned and will most likely change.

Plans are usually set in stone in Feb and March. If they continue on their pattern from last year, houses may start being announced in April. As far insiders leaking (at least the respectable ones), they won't share directly. You'll hear confirmations of what's not happening before what is (definitely with us)

Any thing said before January is 99% planned and will most likely change.

Plans are usually set in stone in Feb and March. If they continue on their pattern from last year, houses may start being announced in April. As far insiders leaking (at least the respectable ones), they won't share directly. You'll hear confirmations of what's not happening before what is (definitely with us)
And that's why we all play the guessing game. :) Make enough wrong guesses, and then the right choices, like cream, float to the surface. One way to get blood out of a stone (insider) that won't, or can't, talk.. :lol:

Sometimes we (and me) get criticized for getting too off topic on threads. But there's reason to the madness. I've found that the more we discuss "any" topic, the more likely it is for someone" in the know" to join the discussion and comment on something that he/she never planned to talk about. It takes some work to get insider info. rarely does it just get thrown out there.

Any thoughts on potential icons for this year? Icons have made great marketing tools. Are we gonna see a brand new icon or a re-imaging of a past great? I personally would like to see something new and have it mixed in with an overall theme for the event

Any thoughts on potential icons for this year? Icons have made great marketing tools. Are we gonna see a brand new icon or a re-imaging of a past great? I personally would like to see something new and have it mixed in with an overall theme for the event

Without any actual knowledge, I have the feeling that we'll see something new this year. I do think it will be limited use like we've seen in the past few years, not a major focus like back in the day.

I also floated the idea of a possible writer based character this year.

Of course, many people are thinking this will finally be Eddie's year.

Without any actual knowledge, I have the feeling that we'll see something new this year. I do think it will be limited use like we've seen in the past few years, not a major focus like back in the day.

I also floated the idea of a possible writer based character this year.

Of course, many people are thinking this will finally be Eddie's year.

3 clown years in a row is kind of pushing it. I like the idea of an editor, almost similar to "The Director." I think something new and different should be the way to go

I don't have enough evidence to say anything (yet even if I wouldn't spoil it because that was the big problem in 24 ...it killed my beloved youtube star.... :(. Also I would just randomly disappear because i'm try out for a scare actor role)

But, I would find the writer icon cool because we have the storyteller. They could have where this character made the storyteller and all the icons and easily tie it in with Ips (most likely movies sorry Stephen king fans ((( i'm one of them))) it's most likely will be movies then anything. Because it's a business not a fan made event.)

My gut says there's a 60/40 possibility for no icon this year. I won't say it won't happen outright, but if it does I'm almost certain it'll be a new one. No evidence, no talk. I haven't even discussed anything with my sources this year and, since I'm moving again this summer, I'm not planning on digging. But I planned that last year, too.

I think the use of an icon is dependent on whatever IP they may be able to pull. IF (so much if) they were able to pull any King story, specifically IT, I think they won't "use" an icon. They won't need one, not for King, and using one when you can promote Stephen King would just distract. Now, if it's a bunch of IPs we've seen before/cult-classics/unknowns, then we'll get one. But it'll be a Marketing built icon. From my understanding, A&D has basically given up on trying to steer marketing for the event.