Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

Even so, it still shows that Disney can move quickly when they want to.
The ST 2.0 change over and TT 2.0 conversions were 10 month jobs so it's not that Disney can't do this. Soarin 2.0 opened overnight.

As far as builds go, this is closest to Test Track (GOTG will have taken roughly 7-8 months given they started a lot of work with ToT still open)

The ST 2.0 change over and TT 2.0 conversions were 10 month jobs so it's not that Disney can't do this. Soarin 2.0 opened overnight.

As far as builds go, this is closest to Test Track (GOTG will have taken roughly 7-8 months given they started a lot of work with ToT still open)

I remember TT taking a lot longer than 10 months for some reason. I'm still trying to get my head around the differences in scale and complexity. Logically I think the bigger jobs should take longer but that's obviously not the case.

I remember TT taking a lot longer than 10 months for some reason. I'm still trying to get my head around the differences in scale and complexity. Logically I think the bigger jobs should take longer but that's obviously not the case.
Looking back, it actually took about 7.5 months for Test Track's conversion. Star Tours also took less than the 10 months I mentioned too at around 8 months.

Test Track last day of operation: 4/15/2012
Test Track 2.0 first day of operation: 12/6/2012 (soft opening 12/1)

Star Tours last day of operation: 9/7/2010
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues first day of operation: 5/20/2011 (soft opening 5/14)

So GotG is pretty much fitting right on those schedules considering they started work when ToT was still in operation. Of course the closure to open date will be much sooner at around just under 5 months.

Last edited:
I think people are forgetting this is just Phase 1 of a much larger project...

An' that doesn't change the fact it looks like a bunch of colours (Including shades of Tomorrowland 98') and pipes threw up on the ToT building, it looks ugly, plain and simple.

I also have a feeling that once a Marvel land is built, this building will -still- stick out like a sore thumb since I honestly doubt the buildings in the land are going to look similar to that.

An' that doesn't change the fact it looks like a bunch of colours (Including shades of Tomorrowland 98') and pipes threw up on the ToT building, it looks ugly, plain and simple.

I also have a feeling that once a Marvel land is built, this building will -still- stick out like a sore thumb since I honestly doubt the buildings in the land are going to look similar to that.
If they were going to do a GotG ride, they should have just done the concept that's being thrown around for Epcot, which is much lower to the ground and an actual new experience. Now - because they were too cheap - they've ruined sight-lines at the resort for the foreseeable future (you can see this from inside Disneyland, too).

I think people are forgetting this is just Phase 1 of a much larger project...

And here's the thing on my end of the spectrum. DCA, just got off of a massive expansion that was supposed to get rid of things like what is seen here. This is cheap, and that if they wanted to do a Marvel reskin; there is another IP that would've fit the bill much more than Guardians.

Glad they redid the park to get rid of gaudy, intrusive, and tacky buildings

*Looks at picture*

Hmmm well, it was fun while it lasted
Disney's always immersive theming that we always hear about from certain segments of theme park fandom. :);) And DCA isn't even a "Studios" oriented park overall (just one short street). :lol: