Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 315 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 3895

Thinking about the huge hole in the side of the volcano. I just can't see this being left as is, you can see the exposed steel skeleton.

If Universal leave it like this, it will make all the theming done so far completely irrelevant as nobody will be able to see past this.
If you look at bioreconstruct's aerials from today, there's lots of potato chips staged in the wave pool right now, they could easily be for that section.

I get the feeling that the rockwork in that area is part of the water coaster and we haven't seen it test all so it might be a bit behind the others considering the technology.

Reactions: USO92
Man, the more I look at bio's photos each day (seriously, what a guy), the more I'm convinced this park is going to be functioning for softs a good 3-4 weeks before that official opening date. There's still a heck of a lotta dirt tracks around, but going back to just before Sapphire's opening shows how quickly the final landscaping can take place on a project like this.

Man... that's gonna be a huge volcano scrim if they ever needn't to repair what's inside that area they are going to close off. :D

Reactions: shiekra38
And ironically shot it at Universal Hollywood, just to rub it in our faces -_-
Reminds me of a Jay Stein story in Jay Bangs. He and another Universal executive were checking out the newly opened MGM/Disney Orlando park's Backlot Tour. One of the preview tour movies came on and it was Dick Tracy doing a spiel on the new MGM park. Jay turns to his partner & says. Heh, I recognize the soundstage they used to film that segment. That's one of ours! Great irony.

View attachment 3895

Thinking about the huge hole in the side of the volcano. I just can't see this being left as is, you can see the exposed steel skeleton.

If Universal leave it like this, it will make all the theming done so far completely irrelevant as nobody will be able to see past this.

You can see the footers for what will eventually be the extra pieces to the Volcano. Who knows if they'll even have time to install them at this point tho.

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
You can see the footers for what will eventually be the extra pieces to the Volcano. Who knows if they'll even have time to install them at this point tho.

There's still 66 days and they've done some incredible things in less days. I think once the stairs are installed, it will get filled in pretty quick. The skeleton is a few days max and then the shell a few days more and then fill and paint.

I'm curious what you will be able to see from the stairs inside the volcano.

Reactions: Joel
I'm also sort of confused how the concept art could be so off on the rockwork. Universal is usually spot on with their concept art, but the rock work circled in red doesn't seem to exist in the construction site. Even though minor details like the temple supports circled in blue are spot on. Incredibly bizarre but the landscaping looks beautiful in the aerials.

View attachment 3894

I don't think Their rockwork is off but more, not finished, ass scott points out below. Also see below as to what I think is evidence they are not done.

View attachment 3895

As you will see from the image below I have highlighted four concrete bases which are incredibly large, the same ones that were cast to support the first main steel supports for the volcano. there are more of these on the other side of the volcano opening where the rapids pool enters which are evident in earlier photos that also still don't have anything connected to them. I'm 99% sure these are for the remaining steel structure and rock work that is missing, with today's technology in construction some thing so large as these bases are not mistakenly designed considering every nut and bolt will be meticulously planned.

Untitled.png

In other news, more awesome 4K aerial footage:

Status
Not open for further replies.