Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

It's definitely not a go-to for locals primarily because of parking. There's also no draw that sets it out from other theaters in the area.
Actually the parking is one of the reasons I like that theater and have gone to it many times in the past. You park in the garage take the moving walkways and you're there.

Actually the parking is one of the reasons I like that theater and have gone to it many times in the past. You park in the garage take the moving walkways and you're there.
What about the people who don't have APs? That's $20 a trip which can't be reimbursed like Pointe Orlando down the street.

What about the people who don't have APs? That's $20 a trip which can't be reimbursed like Pointe Orlando down the street.
That's true or rather used to be true since parking is free now in the evening. I've never personally had any issues with that, seems like most people I've always arranged to go see a movie with have an AP.

I think the parking is free after 6, used to be $5 but they dropped that a couple of weeks ago I THINK
That's true or rather used to be true since parking is free now in the evening. I've never personally had any issues with that, seems like most people I've always arranged to go see a movie with have an AP.
But what happens if you want to see a movie during the day?

I'd imagine the theater will get a refurb soon to help compete with Disney Springs.

Personally, I think it's a giant waste of land. You could put a lot in place of that theater. Do that many people see a movie during their vacation? Do that many locals use that as their go-to theater?

I can only say that, as a visitor, my family has only gone to this theater once. We happened to have a trip planned when The Force Awkens came out and we caught the first showing on Saturday. It wa an ok theater, but no reserved seating ...so i am more spoiled by local theaters, but it was by no means a bad option for something to do.

Yes, I remember the huge opera house style theaters in downtown Pittsburgh. Up until apx. 1968 nearly everyone wore a suit to the movies in the opulent theaters and most of them were roadshows where the same big budget movie would have a five or six month exclusive run at the theater. Times sure have changed, and really not for the better. The screens in those theaters were gigantic and really made you feel like you were in the movies. Two of those theaters are still in existence as Heinz Hall & the Benedum, home to the Pgh. Symphony, Broadway musicals, and the Pgh Ballet. It was a real event to attend those. And even many of the theaters in the larger mill towns outside of Pgh. were large and opulent also. But the dress code for those wasn't as strict and they didn't have the long roadshow exclusive movie runs like the downtown Pgh. theaters did. But they had the thick carpeting, plush sofas and huge screens like the downtown Pgh. theaters. One theater, the Memorial in McKeesport, was so large, that when they converted it to a maxi theater in the 70's, they made six theaters out of one. That gives you an idea of how huge the screens were in the old gold class theaters.

I miss seeing concerts at the Fox theater in ATL. Old movie theater, I think Gone With the Wind premiered there...never saw a movie there though, but I think they sometimes use it as a movie theater still.

I'd imagine the theater will get a refurb soon to help compete with Disney Springs.

Personally, I think it's a giant waste of land. You could put a lot in place of that theater. Do that many people see a movie during their vacation? Do that many locals use that as their go-to theater?
The Disney Springs location is nothing to strive for... they need better.

I worked at DS AMC on the Dine-In side and that place is a freakin' mess and AMC has no care to fix it.

I wasn't really sure where to post this but this sounds awesome:

Probably Pat O'Briens. We go there two or three times every vacation. All of the musicians are really good, as good as the ones I experienced at the original Pat O'Briens in New Orleans. It's about ten times better than our piano bars in Pgh. And yes, they can do just about every song & they play the entire song, not just bits & pieces like some other piano bars do....Last May, we were there with UK Trigg & his GF. UK ended up on the piano stool next to the piano player, singing along to the tunes..It can get really rowdy & tons of fun..Great place & Hurricanes too.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers:

Probably Pat O'Briens. We go there two or three times every vacation. All of the musicians are really good, as good as the ones I experienced at the original Pat O'Briens in New Orleans. It's about ten times better than our piano bars in Pgh. And yes, they can do just about every song & they play the entire song, not just bits & pieces like some other piano bars do....Last May, we were there with UK Trigg & his GF. UK ended up on the piano stool next to the piano player, singing along to the tunes..It can get really rowdy & tons of fun..Great place & Hurricanes too.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers:

I'm completely sold.

I just can't see In-N-Out Burger coming to Orlando or any where outside the west coast from what little I've heard about the company rolling out. The only way I see it happening is if it goes to Hollywood first and they can build a solid relationship. If they did succeed in bringing it to the east coast, it will be a huge draw.

I just can't see In-N-Out Burger coming to Orlando or any where outside the west coast from what little I've heard about the company rolling out. The only way I see it happening is if it goes to Hollywood first and they can build a solid relationship. If they did succeed in bringing it to the east coast, it will be a huge draw.
Second this. In-N-Out won't build anywhere they can't put a distribution center + suppliers near by. They would need to do a big Orland0-area expansion to justify building the infrastructure.