Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if I should make the thread title Dry N Tame :lol:

I swear to god if you do that, I'll laugh as loudly as a hyena.

Likewise though, I am curious to see how this project turns out; as it is going to be a major influence for the future of the resort; with it potentially offering 4000 rooms.

I think with the focus on the convention biz they will break this up and offer the options to go to the parks but mostly have venues onsite that will keep the expense accounts flowing without clogging up the parks or CW. They can have a gondola as an aside not main transport if they want something unique but mostly keep them onsite and let them attend and spend..

Convention center is just down the road if that is where the festivities are but I am sure they will have plenty of meeting rooms here. They can keep the money rolling without putting the focus on the parks, they would only be amenities

Plenty of onsite diversions with hi rise footprint to leave room for the rest. BTW this (click) is a 4000 room hotel

...I love you, and simultaneously hate you right now, @BriMan. :lol:

I think with the focus on the convention biz they will break this up and offer the options to go to the parks but mostly have venues onsite that will keep the expense accounts flowing without clogging up the parks or CW. They can have a gondola as an aside not main transport if they want something unique but mostly keep them onsite and let them attend and spend..

Convention center is just down the road if that is where the festivities are but I am sure they will have plenty of meeting rooms here. They can keep the money rolling without putting the focus on the parks, they would only be amenities

Plenty of onsite diversions

I think they will have to, as I agree. But; I do think Sapphire fits that purpose extremely well, as a Convention Center resort.

That doesn't mean they can't do one for WNW, as the rooms enough will show; but I don't think we'll see one catered directly (more indirectly).

So which Wet and Wild slides will be re-purposed for the resort pool? That many rooms they will need one heck of a pool complex!

In all seriousness I believe this will be at least 2 resorts plus a new City Walk type complex. Interesting that they show the lagoon included in the map. I wonder if that will remain the way it is, filled in, or reshaped somehow.

I also really wonder how this complex will be linked to the main resort, if at all (other than buses).

So which Wet and Wild slides will be re-purposed for the resort pool? That many rooms they will need one heck of a pool complex!

In all seriousness I believe this will be at least 2 resorts plus a new City Walk type complex. Interesting that they show the lagoon included in the map. I wonder if that will remain the way it is, filled in, or reshaped somehow.

I also really wonder how this complex will be linked to the main resort, if at all (other than buses).

I've thought that too about the slides but it would seem a little odd with VB across the road and no doubt within easy access with Universal transport.

Ideally, Universal want as many people paying for the water park experience.

To sum it up in one gif, this is probably what is happening to the slides..

Nzsr86s.gif

Universal's Boardwalk Empire Resort and Villas ;)

Interesting that they show the lagoon included in the map. I wonder if that will remain the way it is, filled in, or reshaped somehow.

I was wondering that too, it's a large chunk of the hotel border. I was thinking they fill it it.

Wonder if they'll some how be able to link it via a tunnel or bridge across the street especially with 3 parking garages. That could help with the parks.

I was wondering that too, it's a large chunk of the hotel border. I was thinking they fill it it.

Wonder if they'll some how be able to link it via a tunnel or bridge across the street especially with 3 parking garages. That could help with the parks.

I'd have to imagine there will be a form of bridge that connects the area of the parking lot and the area of where WNW existed.

Regardless though, I don't see a tunnel created to link the three garage's.

And as for transportation, that will be the most fascinating thing to watch; as that will give a good indication of what is in-store for down south in how people will be transported.

Not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I seem to recall a recent Universal lawsuit accusing businesses in the area of that water lake of illegally contributing runoff into the lake. Anyone recall that?....If that's the case it could signal that Universal will be using that lake for some purpose.

Not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I seem to recall a recent Universal lawsuit accusing businesses in the area of that water lake of illegally contributing runoff into the lake. Anyone recall that?....If that's the case it could signal that Universal will be using that lake for some purpose.
Yes it in ongoing that runoff is entering the lake and needs to be dealt with

I don't see them building convention space here. With the RPR/SFR at the north end and the southern property being next to the convention center, I think this resort will have a lot of "family" amenities and attractions.
Yes, that makes perfect sense. :thumbsup: And it's location cries for"value" resort rooms since it's a bit away from the present parks and the location of the fourth park. The fourth park future hotel's will probably be the more expensive hotels due to their location close to the new park and the Orlando Convention Center. It's unbelievable how close the new property is to the Orlando Convention Center. A plus plus plus location. (Special thanks to Dave (Disneyhead) for giving me a special tour around the property). :thumbsup::cheers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.