Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Fate of the Furious (2017)

did the death of that actor 'help' (for lack of a better term) the last one? is that why this one isn't expected to beat it?

It definitely helped stateside but internationally I don't think it did much. This film is expected to do better than 7 especially in China and South America at least that is what all the analyst are saying.

Film is fun. More CGI than ever but it generally looks fine. If you enjoy other Furious films, you'll like this.

It makes the animated sequence in Supercharged look like a Sunday drive int he park, though.

Good film, easy to see how they keep making more as they somehow find ways to tie everything together and leave holes to be filled further. Good fun with some great action sequences, and stunning cars!

Already at $44 million in China, its pacing for 9-11 million for a Thursday night opening which may go up depending on the West Coast attendance. I'm excited to see this tomorrow to give my personal review but I will say this. There are ads everywhere for this from the subway trains to the restrooms of businesses.