Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest how much do palms cost? I saw a bunch being planted down the medians in Dr Philips and thought they must have been spending a fair few $$$s

I purchased quite a few of them and the prices vary depending on growth rate. Date palms are deathly slow growers so cost the big bucks... $300-$500 per trunk foot. Queen and Washingtons are quite cheap; $375 for a 10-12 foot trunk tree, planting included. Cocos are fast growers, so I would imagine those are similar to the Queens.

Important Note: Universal has power in buying such quantities and so the price for everything is probably a fraction of what you and I could expect.

I guess what I do not get (if those are coconut trees) is that I thought FL had laws about non native plants, but maybe I am mistaken and that is just something because I live so close to the Everglades?

New update from WildGravity Travels!

Volcano-Bay-Waterpark-Construction-Universal-Orlando-Resort-519.jpg

Volcano-Bay-Waterpark-Construction-Universal-Orlando-Resort-522.jpg

Bioreconstruct latest:

First thing to note, these have been around a little while but I wonder if those vertical hanging supports will be permanent for the stairs at the top centre of the volcano...? I would hope not and hope they are just temporary however looking at the structure of the stair if they were removed I can't see how they would structurally support themselves....

I like the colours of this tower

The theming and smaller details are looking incredible too

Last edited:
Bioreconstruct latest:

First thing to note, these have been around a little while but I wonder if those vertical hanging supports will be permanent for the stairs at the top centre of the volcano...? I would hope not and hope they are just temporary however looking at the structure of the stair if they were removed I can't see how they would structurally support themselves....

I like the colours of this tower

The theming and smaller details are looking incredible too

Surprised I didn't see him. I was filming VB at the same time yesterday. Kind of bummed I didn't notice those cool looking alligators. I got lots of cool other shots though. (Won't be up till tomorrow, I'm a little behind.)

When do you think we can expect the crew to start unwrapping the slides? Will be curious to see what the main drop slide looks like IRL sitting on that mountainside.
I started to put my hand on a handrail at the nearby CB parking garage but had to immediately abort. The amount of caked on layers of industrial dust is staggering. My guess is they will wait until the very last minute to remove all the covers, because this whole place is gonna need to be pressure washed a thousand times the week before opening.

I remember the team members in The Tonight Shop were constantly dusting the displays the weeks leading up to the actual ride's opening. This reminds me of that.

Bioreconstruct latest:

It looks quite odd. I was hoping it was going to be structural to stick some volcano parts too.

My faith in that happening is also dropping for the fact it looks like some of the water coaster isn't as protected as it was before.

I guess what I do not get (if those are coconut trees) is that I thought FL had laws about non native plants, but maybe I am mistaken and that is just something because I live so close to the Everglades?

No, you are correct. Florida has very strict laws, especially regarding fruit trees and plants. Other laws are about invasive species of plants crowding out Florida's indigenous (albeit sometimes boring) species.

BTW: For any of you wanting a little plant tour... Forest Hills in Kissimmee is where I purchased most of my trees. The following pic is of the entrance drive and on the far right hand side you can see all of the field grown trees awaiting purchase.

2de69bdf94c0f0328be5c56a5635ee66-da77876bd5ea89a45566dc7ecf0068c1.jpg

No, you are correct. Florida has very strict laws, especially regarding fruit trees and plants. Other laws are about invasive species of plants crowding out Florida's indigenous (albeit sometimes boring) species.

BTW: For any of you wanting a little plant tour... Forest Hills in Kissimmee is where I purchased most of my trees. The following pic is of the entrance drive and on the far right hand side you can see all of the field grown trees awaiting purchase.

2de69bdf94c0f0328be5c56a5635ee66-da77876bd5ea89a45566dc7ecf0068c1.jpg

That tree is really quite striking. I think I've spent more time just looking at that photo than I should have.

When do you think we can expect the crew to start unwrapping the slides? Will be curious to see what the main drop slide looks like IRL sitting on that mountainside.

Thats an interesting question. All this time I assumed they would do it before they filled the wave pool so that large man lift could get to it. I'm not sure if that can reach it from the sides of the pool.

Thats an interesting question. All this time I assumed they would do it before they filled the wave pool so that large man lift could get to it. I'm not sure if that can reach it from the sides of the pool.
Spiderman - Spiderman, he can do it - I know he can!

Status
Not open for further replies.