Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 366 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happen to know when (if ever) the TMs will be allowed to talk about the preview?

Generally previews are considered product education so that the TM can share with the guests.

Only when it's something like hiding Kong or some other detail they specifically don't want to give away is it verboten to speak about the experience.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Scott, did you notice that they have planted a bunch of the palms that you liked in the nursery pic I posted, around part of the VB tram road. They're across from the new Aventura parking garage on the bank of the retention pond. They have blue grey leaves and are called Bismarck palms (Bismarckia nobilis).

Far left just this side of the yellow parking garage. (see full sized image)
P1100876.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tielo and Dan B
Scott, did you notice that they have planted a bunch of the palms that you liked in the nursery pic I posted, around part of the VB tram road. They're across from the new Aventura parking garage on the bank of the retention pond. They have blue grey leaves and are called Bismarck palms (Bismarckia nobilis).

Far left just this side of the yellow parking garage. (see full sized image)
P1100876.jpg

Those are some high dollar trees. They grow so slow most plant a 3 - 6 foot trunk but those are 10+

ive always thought that VB should have a Luau/fire pit/pig roast in the evening charge about 60.00 for dinner with entertainment.
id be there in a heart beat

They already do that at RPR, it would be overkill. However I would like to see an island beach party where they use the wave pool to tell the story of how the island came to be. Using the water and the sand as well as the Volcano ending with an eruption

Uniformed Volcano Bay staff members at CBBR bus stop this afternoon. I had a little chat with one of them and asked him how long he was in training for, to which his answer was "2 weeks".

Yikes, those uniforms not my favorite. Would have been pretty cool to have team members dressed up like Waturi....Or just not the world's dullest Hawaiian shirts.

Can I just say that I believe I can speak for many in that I appreciate this thread Immensely.
Between our insider information from guys like @Teebin to our exclusive pictures from @AliciaStella to the incredible breakdowns of everything from @Dan B
And of course the mods/admins who make this all possible and most importantly- everyone's opinions and comments- the level of knowledge and thoughtful input here is remarkable. We have our own designed poster for heaven's sake. This whole construction process was made more enjoyable by participating here. :cheers:

Thank's, appreciated however as I have no insider info I am speculating at everything I see, so it could all turn out wrong :lol:. This forum has been brilliant following over the last year, maybe see you all over at star wars land as that progresses!?

Ok, everybody calm down about the missing rock work on the back of Krakatau. I found it.

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

NICE FIND!!! OK so this is exactly the sort of photo I was hoping to see after my speculation and confidence that the missing rock work was going to appear and then having doubts the other day. Hopefully this will confirm I was on the right track with guessing at where the rock work still remains but after seeing the latest aerials and those footers being removed the other day I'm still unsure where they are bolting that thing down. Can't picture the shape of it yet in my head either as to where its going to go, note the big hole in the centre...! looks like there are plenty of other smaller pieces around too that look like they will also be thrown in and bolted into place.

Also thanks to all for the updates over the weekend, there were plenty to go through! The latest aerials also show the centre of the volcano has had a fresh poor of concrete/screed, so I assume they are getting close to adding the final touches in there, hopefully in the next week we see what happens.

Reactions: Alicia and 12th Man
Great find with the missing rock work - but I'm still holding my breath on its placement. As big as it looks at the factory I'm having trouble IDing where exactly they'll place it. Should be fun to watch that sucker go in - I'll grab my beer when they're ready.

Reactions: 12th Man
Here's another shot of all the people lined up for something, as well as the green chairs starting to be arranged.

View attachment 4182

This does look to me to be a permanent elevator, considering they put a path down to it.

View attachment 4183

Another shot of the riders from saturday

View attachment 4184

@Teebin you were looking for another shot of this tree:
View attachment 4185

just a shot of the whole resort + CBBR

View attachment 4186

Great photos and pretty good timing too.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.