Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Not to mention, they have to deal with Kingsman, Blade Runner, and MLP in terms of what they have to deal with in October, not just the Horror films.

They are going to be busy, so it could be better to push it back to January, especially with the financial success of Split proving that January being possible. It still worries me though, but with it on Hollywood's leaked list, I'll be curious.

I'm pretty sure most of the MLP crowd wasn't going to see Insidious 4 hahaha but yes. Split and Get Out showed that horror/genre films can do well outside their normal season.

I'm pretty sure most of the MLP crowd wasn't going to see Insidious 4 hahaha but yes. Split and Get Out showed that horror/genre films can do well outside their normal season.

I mean that, in the grander term.

September and October, will have a lot of films, but they don't have nearly as many family films for them to watch while the Suspense/Horror scene takes full stage.

Outside of The Lego Ninjago Film and My Little Pony, it is crowded with many films in those two months that are more catered towards an older demographic, than there are for kids and families.

I believe Insidious may of been just due to the success of Split, and I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised if that is the reason, and that I don't think with a delay in the film; it means that it won't happen.

Insidious, has been a tested franchise, that has been responded on well when it comes to Horror Nights (with Universal Hollywood going for three if their leaked line-up stands to reason), and that if it's a shared; it would be the second time that Orlando would have the ability to bring the franchise.

And, I have my own doubts, and believe that it will not be a best of, and that it will act more similar to The Wolfman in many way's, giving a somewhat tease of what to expect while also bringing an IP like that to the parks.

Unless, if Hollywood's is primarily exclusive, then that'd be something else.

And to bring up the film side, I think Saw may move up; with Insidious taking the dip to January.

But remember in Hollywood they did Crimson Peak before it came out.

Actually, there is a more valid point to this in a few..other way's.

Universal Studios Hollywood, just like Orlando, did do preview-houses of a particular sort.

In 2011, they brought The Thing to the event, but not in the original form; but instead in the prequel, and that in 2013, they had Insidious as one of their bigger marketing points; with their VIP experience being themed to Insidious and that they included Chapter 2 in a house that included both the two films. And, in 2015; they brought Del Toro into the event, with Crimson Peak as a preview before the film came out.

And the less said of Dracula for both coasts, the better.

And as for Orlando, The Thing and Wolfman are perfect examples of this. Both were marketing new films, particularly for 2011's Thing, but that there is enough of an appeal to market the film at the event, especially for Comcast.

I saw this posted on another forum from somebody. What do you guys think?

"Insidous will be a Hollywood Exclusive.

Insidous and Conjuring are still happening by the way. Meaning for Hollywood...

AHS - Exclusive (Sort of)

Blumhouse - Exclusive

Insidous - Exclusive

Shining - Shared

Evil Dead - Shared

Conjuring - Shared

Saw - Shared "

I saw this posted on another forum from somebody. What do you guys think?

"Insidous will be a Hollywood Exclusive.

Insidous and Conjuring are still happening by the way. Meaning for Hollywood...

AHS - Exclusive (Sort of)

Blumhouse - Exclusive

Insidous - Exclusive

Shining - Shared

Evil Dead - Shared

Conjuring - Shared

Saw - Shared "

That's the list posted from IU a month or so ago.

Looks like Oct 18-23 will be the timeframe.

In that case shouldn't it be the previous two weekends? I noticed a lot of local schools are off the 16th or 17th and then the weekend before that is Columbus day... I don't see many schools or universities being off the 18th-23rd.