Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This would be the 1% experience I would expect at Disney (if I was part of the 1%...or even the 10%). This even sounds like the boutique park experience I would expect from Disney.
Yep. Either the 1% or some Star Wars crazed fans who have been living in his parent's basement for 40 years and saves every penny for Star Wars stuff. :) Come to think of it, there might be lots of them, cause there's lots of Star Trek Trekkies like that. :lol:

They won't be getting any extra money from me lol.

I really hope other things are added to the DHS overhaul. Neither Toy Story Land nor Star Wars Land appeal to me. I'll ride the rides, but the park really needs something new for Indiana Jones, a water ride, and another big thrill ride and a few more dark rides.

They won't be getting any extra money from me lol.

I really hope other things are added to the DHS overhaul. Neither Toy Story Land nor Star Wars Land appeal to me. I'll ride the rides, but the park really needs something new for Indiana Jones, a water ride, and another big thrill ride and a few more dark rides.

I'd much rather they spend whatever they might (allegedly) be spending on a hotel on additional park attractions instead.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I think it's actually a cool idea. We've been talking about a HP equivalent of this idea for a while, but I think Star Wars is a more natural fit.

I placed this on the SWL thread also, but it may be more appropriate for discussion here. Theme Park Insider has a poll starting this morning about what IP would be most preferred for a hotel. Keep in mind that TPI's readership is predominant Disney oriented. They also usually get a good number of respondents, though not as many as they used to. The results as of 9:15 AM:
* HP Hogwarts................................47%
* Star Wars......................................29%
* Pirates of Caribbean......................9%
* Batcave (DC).................................9%
* Marvel-Avengers Tower...............6%

Looks like the comic book IP's aren't doing so well in this survey.

Reactions: Nick
I placed this on the SWL thread also, but it may be more appropriate for discussion here. Theme Park Insider has a poll starting this morning about what IP would be most preferred for a hotel. Keep in mind that TPI's readership is predominant Disney oriented. They also usually get a good number of respondents, though not as many as they used to. The results as of 9:15 AM:
* HP Hogwarts................................47%
* Star Wars......................................29%
* Pirates of Caribbean......................9%
* Batcave (DC).................................9%
* Marvel-Avengers Tower...............6%

Looks like the comic book IP's aren't doing so well in this survey.
I completely agree that Hogwarts is the most obvious theme park hotel to do and it would make a boatload for Uni... problem is there's already a Hogwarts in IOA. That leaves Star Wars as the most obvious since it seems that Harry Potter will never come to fruition as a hotel.

It's a shame too because Hogwarts is so Iconic and the dormitories for the four houses would most likely be the wings of the hotel, so it would be a Harry Potter fan's dream.

Goodby Tower of Terror. Instead of a Guardians overlay, Disney turns it into a real DVC hotel !!!!!;):lol:....Just kidding, of course.
your joking about this but there has been a rumor lately of not only dvc rooms being added to some rides.But that dvc members would get better versions of the same ride or have the ability to reserve front rows.

New entrance is really starting to take shape. Once they can reroute the traffic, they can reconfigure the cast member parking and costuming building. I'm still curious to see how much of this area will be used for park expansion versus parking expansion. I had hoped the moving of the cast member building would allow them to expand back behind Indy and Star Tours.

Reactions: Joel
I also tried to see if any of the gondola stations were starting construction but couldn't spot anything. I'll be uploading all my photos to dropbox later for anyone to download and search through them.. hopefully people will be able to spot more things than I did.

Reactions: LieutLaww and Jon84
New entrance is really starting to take shape. Once they can reroute the traffic, they can reconfigure the cast member parking and costuming building. I'm still curious to see how much of this area will be used for park expansion versus parking expansion. I had hoped the moving of the cast member building would allow them to expand back behind Indy and Star Tours.
The fact that they are doing surface parking and not a garage means anything is possible for the future as far as expanding the park. Surface parking can easily be transferred to park use if they decide that it's worth it.

Of course we shouldn't expect anything like that for quite some time.

Reactions: Joel
No point building a large garage if the area is earmarked for possible expansion, as others have said much easier to convert a parking lot over to a new section of the park.

No point building a large garage if the area is earmarked for possible expansion, as others have said much easier to convert a parking lot over to a new section of the park.
There's still some old studio space (now office space) behind launch bay where the Florida Animation building was/is. If I had my way with things, both Launch Bay and the old animation building would be demolished, allowed for plenty of room for an expanded Animation courtyard.

Since they'd be moving a bunch of backstage stuff in this hypothetical situation, in a budget-less world, let's just tear down that backstage parking garage too. That's at least what i'd love to see for the park to really, truly grow.

Reactions: LieutLaww