Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the opening hours are now online up until the end of October;
Universal Orlando

10-10 the busy summer period which is great, and I know it's a water park but 10-6 midweek off season? Wasn't this meant to be staying open each night for the eruption show etc? I know in December you can get away with that as it's dark by then, but surely not in September. Or is the whole transition of making the resort open later as a whole still a slow one?

Universal Orlando

10-10 the busy summer period which is great, and I know it's a water park but 10-6 midweek off season? Wasn't this meant to be staying open each night for the eruption show etc? I know in December you can get away with that as it's dark by then, but surely not in September. Or is the whole transition of making the resort open later as a whole still a slow one?
I think it is your last point. They aren't going to open the water park past the hours of the theme parks, and they are closing at around 8 or 7 in fall (even earlier for HHN nights).

Universal Orlando

As with most theme parks, I think hours will be set based on how much guests can get done in a day. If you can do everything on a non busy day by 6 they don't need to stay open later.

They figure out a problem 20 days before opening?? :blank:

I imagine they expected to get to this point and do an inspection. They made an inventory of what was damaged and sent it off to ProSlide who either had pieces on the shelf or manufactured them at once as they knew it was coming now. Looks like all these changeouts were expected.

I'm wondering if they ran out of time to do all the rockwork on this?

Although... they had painted what appeared to be an attempt at ivy on the same structure the day before... I ranted about it at the time. Perhaps there was a last minute change OR the ivy was painted before it was supposed to... before the mold treatment. We can keep a north eye out for what happens next.

So... they appear to have laid more concrete on one side of the wave pool. I guess it wasn't "pooling" correctly!

They have started yet more cabanas? Just steel framing now. The finished cabanas on the south side are going to suck. They overlook I-4 and filtration buildings.

So... they appear to have laid more concrete on one side of the wave pool. I guess it wasn't "pooling" correctly!

They have started yet more cabanas? Just steel framing now. The finished cabanas on the south side are going to suck. They overlook I-4 and filtration buildings.
Yeah, Bio posted that they were going to put cabanas along Turkey Lake. I saw the ivy and thought it looked bad, it looks to me like they needed to parge the whole thing before this finish. The tikis have horizontal lines where they were cast/joined? It looks like they are missing the final coat

Have we heard anything about a way to get up to the slides in the volcano without climbing the stairs? My wife has a mild form of muscular dystrophy and has difficulty climbing steps. She can do it, but just has to take her time. For example, the stair climb from the elevator in Gringotts to the level with the vehicles is really hard for her, but because there is usually a line there and you stop every so often, she can do it. She's given up on the usual climbs at most water parks because the steps are just too daunting. Given this is a brand newly designed park, I'm wondering if they will have some kind of accessibility plan.

Have we heard anything about a way to get up to the slides in the volcano without climbing the stairs? My wife has a mild form of muscular dystrophy and has difficulty climbing steps. She can do it, but just has to take her time. For example, the stair climb from the elevator in Gringotts to the level with the vehicles is really hard for her, but because there is usually a line there and you stop every so often, she can do it. She's given up on the usual climbs at most water parks because the steps are just too daunting. Given this is a brand newly designed park, I'm wondering if they will have some kind of accessibility plan.
I don't think there is anything other than the stairs.

Unfortunately the Volcano itself doesn't seem to have any elevators. However, the coaster appears to have one

Status
Not open for further replies.