Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this is stressful to watch. They're really going to go down to the wire. Are they working 24/7 at this point? From what little I pay attention to on construction threads, it seems like more of a 16-18 hour construction day.

Because Universal always goes with the lowest bidder, which leads to things like drive tires on Gringotts and last minute patchwork on waterpark technology that's been around for almost a quarter century. This *clap* Always *clap* Happens *clap* lolol.
This park is entirely ProSlide. And ProSlide is doing the install.

Oh, and ProSlide is the planets premier water park supplier and far from the "lowest bidder".

This is going to be a PR disaster. I'd demand a refund if I were going the first week. Can't believe they are still going through with that opening date.

I know I'm being really negative but this is an ugly situation. They still have like 8 days left but idk.
I'm sorry but you should never go to a brand new theme park in the first week let alone month. It's just like a new resturaunt. But bigger. I agree that they maybe should have had an extra week or so before opening though. Because if they don't cover up some still with plants or fake wood I'm gonna be crushed

Last edited:
This park is entirely ProSlide. And ProSlide is doing the install.

Oh, and ProSlide is the planets premier water park supplier and far from the "lowest bidder".
They are indeed the best. Love their attractions.

Looking forward to the five acre expansion. Here's hoping for some more family friendly body slides, Mammoth Watercoaster, maybe a Tornado and Mammothbowl slide...

FYI, having checked, the regular and unlimited Express Pass is sold out for Volcano Bay for May 25th-29th and the following weekend, and other days around then are nearly sold out. Cabanas are either sold out or are very hard to get on most days over the next several weeks.

Also for the expansion, I would also like to see a smaller volcano, maybe 100 feet. But I would like to see some a New never before seen waterslides, toilet bowl, a fast paced lazy river, and I think you could probs fit another water coaster in there

They could even add a Yeti for laughs.

disco yeto h20.jpg

Also for the expansion, I would also like to see a smaller volcano, maybe 100 feet. But I would like to see some a New never before seen waterslides, toilet bowl, a fast paced lazy river, and I think you could probs fit another water coaster in there

There's a lot more room there than I expected.

vb expansion.JPG

I count 7 acres. Wet n Wild was 11 acres (Not including the lake) to put that in perspective.

re Moana - Dwayne Johnson could lifeguard;
View attachment 4441
I not relating tagline to VB - I think is amazing what they have achieved in the time

It's a shame that it's being produced and distributed by Paramount as the original show was NBC. Given that The Rock is probably quite friendly with Universal through F&F, I think he would be the man to help open the park.

View attachment 4442

There's a lot more room there than I expected.

View attachment 4443

I count 7 acres. Wet n Wild was 11 acres (Not including the lake) to put that in perspective.

Not all that area is expansion, some is for park support and such.

I think Universal is waiting for guest feedback and wait times on attractions before making a choice. Even if they decided in late 2017 ProSlide might not be able to deliver till 2019.

What I think the expansion could be:

• Larger raft water coaster, similar to Mamoth at Holiday World
  • Raft racing slides
  • Family body slides
  • Additional kids water playgroud
  • And/or additional food, drink, restrooms, beach area with chairs, and cabanas

I'm sorry but you should never go to a brand new theme park in the first week let alone month. It's just like a new resturaunt. But bigger. I agree that they maybe should have had an extra week or so before opening though. Because if they don't cover up some still with plants or fake wood I'm gonna be crushed
Bamboo screens, we all know how Uni likes SCREENZZZZZ

screen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.